Detroit area friend now has kg4.5s

DizRotus

Another Medicare eligible friend asked for help assembling a 2 channel system. He doesn't want huge speakers, but he wants good sound. Heresy is about as big a footprint as he will tolerate. Perhaps a sub at a later date, but probably not needed.

Anyone have anything within a 3 hour radius of Detroit? His budget is ~$300.

Please send PM if you have anything.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

How 'about a black pair of KG 4.5’s? Re-glued and internal bracing added, Crites diaphragms in the tweeters. Original crossovers. Not sure if their height puts them in the "huge" category, though.

• Like 1

Another Medicare eligible friend asked for help assembling a 2 channel system.

Pardon my asking, but what does Medicare eligibility have to do with anything?  I know extremely wealthy, and extremely poor, people who are on Medicare. 

Maynard

fanatic,

I agree.  No disrespect intended to the OP, but Medicare really has nothing to do with things.  Unless we are assuming that his hearing may be impaired/gone, his zest for beauty in life vanished, etc.

Of course, as a Medicare-enrolled person for 5 years now (age 70), I don't know what all the fuss is about.  I still lift my KLF-30s (when I sold them a little while back), and I thoroughly enjoy all the wonderful speakers I have, including my Outlaw sub that rattles things if I turn the volume up to 4 (not in Scrappy's league, but still impressive).

The good thing to remember in all this, I suppose, is that there are nice people willing to help we "old people" . . . .  :rolleyes:

Another Medicare eligible friend asked for help assembling a 2 channel system.

Pardon my asking, but what does Medicare eligibility have to do with anything?  I know extremely wealthy, and extremely poor, people who are on Medicare. 

Maynard

I agree.  No disrespect intended to the OP, but <snip>

but you just can't control yourself?  :P

Doing so well at your age means you're fortunate. 

• 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday my friend Mike and I visited "whell" so Mike could see and hear whell's kg4.5s with Crites titanium diaphragms. Money changed hands and the speakers went to Mike's new house in Royal Oak. Since he's moving over the weekend, it made sense to deliver them to the new house, but they've not yet been put into service.

It's always enjoyable to meet the people behind the avatars and meeting whell was no exception. He and Mike share an interest in photography, as well as music.

Twice in the lasts few months this great forum has helped me help friends experience the sonic beauty that is provided by efficient Klipsch speakers. Dealing with forum members is so much better than suffering the vagaries of eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2