Copa America semifinal

mungkiman

I saw one goal on a PK that went to the upper right-hand corner of the net.

That was a direct kick from Messi.  It doesn't get much better than that.  He could have had another goal later in the match from virtually point blank and passed it to a team mate for the goal.

One of the greatest shots I've ever seen.  Messi is amazing.

Was the player who made the third goal offsides? Or is my TV f'd up?

His run was timed perfectly.  You can be behind the defender the split second the ball leaves the foot of the passer.  I'd need to see a frame by frame breakdown but it was REALLY close.

For what it's worth, I thought our keeper should have gotten the first one.

And the penalty kick.

I don't know if anyone could have stopped that but I thought he was in no mans land on the first goal.  He should have been in the goal or on the ball but when you're halfway between the two, nothing good happens.

Was the player who made the third goal offsides? Or is my TV f'd up?

Close, but not offsides.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-argentina-beat-usa-4-0-in-copa-america-semi-final-2016062214#axzz4CKqb5ZlO

Thanks for that link, but man it sure looks close to me! And the commentators did not say one word. At least on the channel I was watching.

And the penalty kick.

I don't know if anyone could have stopped that but I thought he was in no mans land on the first goal.  He should have been in the goal or on the ball but when you're halfway between the two, nothing good happens.

Flat footed.

And the penalty kick.

Flat footed.

Have you ever sat behind a goal and watch the rocket coming at you? Very much like a slapshot except a hockey net is easier to fill with your body. IDK if anyone could have stopped that even if he told them what shot he was going to take

Mark

And the penalty kick.

Flat footed.

Have you ever sat behind a goal and watch the rocket coming at you? Very much like a slapshot except a hockey net is easier to fill with your body. IDK if anyone could have stopped that even if he told them what shot he was going to take

Mark

I played for 38 years but never professionally. I've been in goal but never cared for it.