ID These Speakers Please

TeckTrek

Good People, pardon the excessively Newbie question but could you please help me ID the models and relative ages of the speakers in the attached picture? I am very interested in these and would like to research further before purchase. Thanks!

post-63417-0-46780000-1466611232_thumb.j

Edited by TeckTrek

Klipschorns (Khorns) are top-of-the-line and highly recommended.  Just be aware the need to be placed in corners to get the full benefit of what they have to offer.

We can help you with the age of the speakers if you can provide serial numbers from the label in the back, pictures will work just fine.  The Khorns have been produced for 50 years and are still in production, so there is no way to look at the picture provided and figure out the year of manufacture.

I realize you need to be discrete on posting prices on the forum.  If you ask forum members for a Private Message some members can help you assess value.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The pictured Klipchorn looks like it is sitting in a false corner. This allows you to use the speaker without having it in a corner. The finish on the Khorn looks really nice...

Both the Khorn and the Forte are easy to sell if you decide you don't want them in the future. A pair of Forte's in that shape should be about $500/pair. The Khorn could be anywhere from $1,500 to $2,800 depending on condition etc. At first glance, the Khorns look like they would be north of $2,000 at least.

• Like 2

The pictured Klipchorn looks like it is sitting in a false corner. This allows you to use the speaker without having it in a corner. The finish on the Khorn looks really nice...

Both the Khorn and the Forte are easy to sell if you decide you don't want them in the future. A pair of Forte's in that shape should be about $500/pair. The Khorn could be anywhere from $1,500 to $2,800 depending on condition etc. At first glance, the Khorns look like they would be north of $2,000 at least.

C collar will bring the value down some, the do look good tho

Mark

• Like 1

C collar will bring the value down some, the do look good tho

It does look like a C, but the wood pattern looks like non-veneered birch raw, and I don't see a kick plate/strip.  We need a pic of the tag, as everyone says.  Are these a pair?  We need both tags...

Edit:  the pic of a C model in HiFiLit.com shows a kick plate at the bottom of the front.: http://hifilit.com/Klipsch/1957k.jpg

Edited by LarryC

A Forte is 35 3/8 and a Quartet is 31 1/8. I think the K-Horn bass bin is just over 39.

Now looking at the picture, I'll let you eyeball.

BTW, I'm thinking that the OP was just sent a picture and that is why he didn't give more information.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

Looks like Quartet in front

That is what I was thinking.

Bill

My impression as well, most likely a Quartet in Walnut finish. They were produced from 1989 through 1996 I believe? Looks like nice veneer on the K-horns too.

Good People, pardon the excessively Newbie question but could you please help me ID the models and relative ages of the speakers in the attached picture? I am very interested in these and would like to research further before purchase. Thanks!

Did you buy these?

OH.... you don't want those old things..... just post where they are with the phone number :D

Good luck...

MKP :-)

• Like 1