Favorite SS Reciever for 2 channel listening

rockhound

Just a question if you had to pick one solid state Reciever for your 2 channel setup what would it be?

Stereo receiver I am assuming?  What speakers?

Never mind.  Luxman R-117 hands down with any speakers.

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up listening to music on a McIntosh 1900 receiver with AR14 speakers so from a nostalgia standpoint that is the receiver for me. Not a bad little set up either.   I still have that receiver although it is not a part of my everyday gear.

Just a question if you had to pick one solid state Reciever for your 2 channel setup what would it be?

I really like the sound of my Pioneer SX 850. I'm hoping to like my Pioneer SA 9500 as much, or more, once I get some issues with it resolved. Maybe some day I'll get the chance to hear a Pioneer SX 1250.

Yeah, I like the vintage Pioneers.  :)

If class D is technically solid state then I would go for my 'cheap' Lepai 2020A+ amp. The LaScalas draw such little wattage that it keeps Class D within their extremely low distortion range and you can hook them up to a 12V battery for really clean sound free from any noise from your home electrical system. I do want to build my own Class D rig soon though as the Lepai has some cheap parts and the volume pot has some issues which isnt needed if you are running an AVR as a pre-amp anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1 on Sansui then x100. I have listened to or tried many SS amps. ( tubes too)   The Khorns are making sounds that are breathtaking with the  Sansui BAF1 and CAF1  ( circa ~1979) I am now using. A fraction of the cost of most all other amp  options, and a sound that blows away everything I have tried.  Vanishing low THD and TIM, and super fast and amazing 200V/ microsecond slew rate.... they leave nothing wanting!!!

• Like 1