Getting Out of Dodge

Wolfbane

Holy crap, David Cameron quit. I knew he wanted GB to stay in the EU, but I never expected this. Shocking...

Waaa.

So he was elected, then when the people that elected him want something different than what he wants he quits?

Wow, US Federal Reserves model on the effect of last nights vote!

• A 10% appreciation in the dollar will cut U.S. GDP by 0.4% after one year;
  • An increase in BBB yields of 1%—as investors move away from riskier corporate borrowers—will lower GDP by 0.2%;
  • A sustained 20% decline in the S&P 500—which may be the result of increased volatility following the vote—lowers GDP by 0.2% and raises the unemployment rate by 0.1%; and
  • A 100 basis-point decline in the 10-year rate U.S. Treasury rate—as investors flee to the safe government bonds—will increase GDP by 0.4%.

We won’t know for sure the full impact on the U.S. economy until we see how financial markets digest the information today and in coming weeks. In recent trading Friday, the S&P 500 was down 2.5% and the yield on the 10-year Treasury dropped as much as 34 basis points to 1.40% before bouncing back to 1.55%.

Here is how I see it. How would America react if we were placed under a North American Union that superseded our national sovereignty and the Constitution and totally opened our boarders to all of Canada and Central America? It probably wouldnt go over very well. I can see where Britain feels the same way.

• Like 1

Big country tired of paying for little country. Think we will see more of this in the future. All major countries us, USSR, China, are supporting some smaller country somewhere. You can only print money for so long, then you have to worry about your own country. We don't need to be paying some country to like us.

• Like 1