For Sale: Audio Research Reference 1 Preamplifier

kwingylee

After many years of sonic bliss with this Audio Research reference 1 Preamp, I have finally upgraded to newer ARC model. Hence selling this one.

This is a tube preamp and is equipped with Electroharmonix 6922 tubes. This was one of the original super preamps and its a later model that has an IEC power connector and Infinicaps.

Condition is 7/10. Some small nicks on the front edge can be seen in the picture. It s listed in audiogon and Chicago craigslist. Listing here for $2300. Unit originally lists for $10K. Includes original box, manual and remote. I will also include standard AC power cord.

post-34584-0-38780000-1466729335_thumb.j

post-34584-0-36900000-1466729532_thumb.j

post-34584-0-25460000-1466729545_thumb.j

post-34584-0-97300000-1466729564_thumb.j

post-34584-0-74620000-1466729696_thumb.j

post-34584-0-83540000-1466729728_thumb.j

Edited by kwingylee

he unit is sold MAY BE .... potential scam

If you don't mind, please keep us informed on the potential scam, as well as your sale.

+++

I think you will find many people here love tube amps/pre's but many people here already have their tube stuff in place already.  Still, there are new posters here all the time so I think you came to the right place for your target buyers.  Your unit sounds like a solid upgrade for those wanting a nice pre-amp.

Thanks wvu80

I informed the "buyer" that I need him to verify his paypal account before I will ship and I will only ship to the verified name and address as listed on paypal. Or he can pay me by check and I will refund his money via paypal. I have not heard from him for a few days.

For those of you who are not aware, if you are not selling on ebay, if the buyer pays via paypal and you shipped to an address other than the verified person and address, you have forfeited your paypal seller's protection.

There are a lot of scams and a lot of scums out there. Seller and buyer both beware.

There may be a chance this may work out but I am not holding my breath.

For those of you who are not aware, if you are not selling on ebay, if the buyer pays via paypal and you shipped to an address other than the verified person and address, you have forfeited your paypal seller's protection.

Wow, I had not heard that.  That is really good information.

Good for you for being on top of that.  You may just have saved yourself from a slick scammer.