Klipsch RP-160m....Yummy Grunt!

Simo71

Hi all,

New here but I ain't sorry.

So over the years I have been through my fair share of speakers from big floorstanders to satellites to bookshelves, all these have mostly been from European and British brands and these have been on the most part been great for music and good for movies but not great.

My early takes on Klipsch over the years have been not so positive, I always felt they are probably great for movies and not so for music and let's face it listening to various models over the years I always steered clear.

So why did I choose klipsch this time? Well I was wanting more from movies and truth be told I always brought for music in the past so I thought what I have I got to loose...Well as it turns out my RP160m's arrived today removed them from the box placed them on the stands hooked them up and decided to keep gaming as I was doing earlier, well I was already hearing more detail than I had before, mind you I had not touched audyssey with these just went for it.

Then I started to wonder what they would do with music, (using a Marantz receiver on direct) well Usher, Nickelback etc and about four hours later I'm smiling from ear to ear. Bass is tremendous, tight, & punchy while the mids are detailed with treble being a tad forward Im actually coming to appreciate what they are delivering.

So around twenty five odd hours of break in to go...These are Keepers!

• Like 1

I'm still waiting on the centre to arrive so when it does I can do the set-up again and give them a good audition with the movies. At the moment it's a bit of a false feeling as my current centre is a mis-match.