Anyone remember this poster?

Schu

So I was cleaning out a storage area so I could Archive more art work and ran across this original print from 1981...

27873588326_8fa4fe2e3f_o.jpg

Still mint unmounted. brings back great memories.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 6

What amazes me is just how slow those cars were compared to the 4 doors and hatchbacks of today.

1982 Lamborghini Countach LP500S 

Compare Car0-60 mph 5.6 | Quarter mile 13.9

Edited by Max2

• Moderators

So I was cleaning out a storage area so I could Archive more art work and ran across this original print from 1981...

A client gave me a coffee table book many years ago about that designer, Gandini. A true artist. It is simply amazing what he has put out over the years.

Cool print SCHU, my friends had a high end store and that was prominently displayed. Are you still killing them out there? :D :D :D

Mark

Yes... games are still humming right along:)

After psoting this print on my facebook page, I have been flooded with people wanting to buy it.

It really is a great print... half matte and half lacquer with circle C1981

Edited by Schu

A client gave me a coffee table book many years ago about that designer, Gandini. A true artist. It is simply amazing what he has put out over the years.

You've probably read where a fella named Horacio Pagani was responsible for the design of a good number of Lambo's. He started with some pretty rough models in his home country, before moving to Italy and working for Lamborghini.

Today, he's considered the king of contemporary super cars...... this design (Zonda) is one of my favorites, but I'll take any of them. His cars are notoriously fast, functional (laugh, for a sports car I guess), and as difficult as it is to believe, simple to drive, even as an everyday car.

Jay Leno's Garage

Top Gear

post-10277-0-70320000-1467205515_thumb.j

post-10277-0-40800000-1467205524_thumb.j

post-10277-0-62440000-1467205535_thumb.j

Edited by Gilbert

Unfortunately I do. Alpine was never what it was cracked up to be (Nakamici made much better car audio at the time). And about that time Alpine also bought, and proceeded to ruin Luxman, turning it into a cheap mid-fi brand. Fortunately for Luxman, they eventually regrouped and are back at it again.

• Moderators

Unfortunately I do. Alpine was never what it was cracked up to be (Nakamici made much better car audio at the time). And about that time Alpine also bought, and proceeded to ruin Luxman, turning it into a cheap mid-fi brand. Fortunately for Luxman, they eventually regrouped and are back at it again.

Seems like Clarion and Blaupunkt were all the rage then.

It still wouldn't have mattered in that car, it was frigging loud, could not have a conversation in the car at regular speeds,