Wi-Fi & Bluetooth SONOS app?

DizRotus

Last evening I attended an outdoor gathering at a neighbor's.  The host had a speaker pointing outside through a screen door.  It sounded pretty good, so, naturally, I had to check it out.  It was a Sonos that looks like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014LFINIA/ref=s9_al_bw_g23_i1

What was especially neat was a Sonos app that let anyone with a digital music device send commands to the speaker.  It made the Sonos device the modern equivalent of a jukebox.  Each person put his/her music choices in the queue.  I know it used wi-fi and I suspect it also utilized Bluetooth.  Does anyone know whether a similar device is available for non-Sonos Bluetooth speakers?  My DIY Bluetooth boombox permits anyone with a Bluetooth player to program it, but one at a time.  It would be fun to allow several people to send simultaneous music commands without requiring an individual Bluetooth connection. 

Hey Neil, I just picked up a Sonos Connect and a Parasound ZAmp from Alma's to do just what you described. I put my AW650's on speaker stands from Guitar Center ($40/pair) and hooked it up and it's freaking sweet! There is no Bluetooth involved....all wifi.

Stop by anytime for a listen.

• Like 1

I've got the speakers outside on my patio and the electronics in my den where they are hidden and I don't even touch them. The amp has a function that turns on when it senses a signal and the Sonos is controlled by an iPad/iPhone.......whatever.

• Like 1