Klipschorns Back On Line!

Mallette

Didn't expect to have K'horns until the RMHC buildout was complete, but we were lucky to get a loft across the street from the RMHC site with GREAT corners!  Just got them hooked up yesterday.  They are powered by that tiny Dayton 30wpc Class T amp to the right of the tablet on the right K'horn and sound great!  Probably won't have much for sources as I really don't want to haul all my records and such from storage.

The imaging is wonderful in this room.  The Cornwall will be the center for TV and the L/R will be Frazier Mark Vs. 

Very glad to get this place so convenient to where our work is going on at the RMHC!

Dave

post-7390-0-90920000-1467042298_thumb.jp

Nice looking wood on the walls and floor. Does the hard surfaces affect the sound?

Not enough time with it yet, but initial listening is sharp, clear, and great image.  The blown in ceiling and the angles may be ameliorating the hard surfaces.  Must do a LOT more listening to judge!  :D

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Khorn checklist:

Corners?  Check!

High ceilings?  Check!!

A lot of us have the speaker, but not the ideal setup and will be forever frustrated, but you've got it all!

And I have one of those little DA 30 watt amps, 15 wpc.  They are super clean sounding!

Khorn checklist:

Corners?  Check!

High ceilings?  Check!!

A lot of us have the speaker, but not the ideal setup and will be forever frustrated, but you've got it all!

And I have one of those little DA 30 watt amps, 15 wpc.  They are super clean sounding!

Class D amps and Klipsch go really well together. I would put a clean Class D amp over a far more expensive AB amp any day.

I've got the cute little T-amp, runs on 8 AA batteries if you want it to.

That is a good little amp. Bought the board only version to make a boombox for my brother recently.

Here is a great battery pack for it and it will run the Lepai TA-2020 amps we well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141858614163?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Its also fun to say that your K-Horns or LaScalas are battery powered. I swear battery power is a lot cleaner than your outlet too.  I am still looking for a cheap single professional Heresey to take the back panel off and put in a chip amp and a battery to use as a portable mono boombox.

Actually just got back from the loft.  I listened to the Franck Chorale in B minor by Murray at St. John the Devine...one of my "goto" performances and pieces.  Wonderful quiet 32' pipe parts in there.  In spite of being not quite sealed to the walls (note the ornamentation that sticks out from the paneling) the bass was solid and visceral.  Imaging is wonderful.  Think I will like this.

Jim Hunter from Klipsch will be over with the next bunch of Klipsch tapes to be archived Thursday or Friday and I'll see what he thinks.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Its also fun to say that your K-Horns or LaScalas are battery powered. I swear battery power is a lot cleaner than your outlet too.

The Dayton is 24v...

Dave

I used that same little amp to drive my first set of Belles before I had a chance to run wires to my living room. Very impressed with the amp and what great sound can be produced with efficient speakers. I am sure your glad to have your Khorns up and running again.

I'm going to make a guess that it's a love seat.

Dave, I've been without my LaScalas for two years now, and only had my Heresy IIs and JBLs to listen to. Only part way through a pair of LS reburbs... I MISS THE HORNS!

Bruce

Edited by Marvel