**WANTED** La Scala industrial separated model cabs.

daryls

Working or Not... Except the pair left out in the rain I've seen circling... I am looking for a project!

Preferably looking for boxes with bad drivers or repairs needing to be made.

Located in the Okanagan BC but will travel in BC/Alberta or Washington/Idaho/Oregon for pick up.

Will consider shipping to a shipping receiving company in Oroville Washington if boxes have bad drivers removed to save weight.

I have considered fabricating my own boxes but I would like to have the original Klipsch inspection tags present for value reasons.

• 2 months later...

I have found a set of the la Scala industrials with the separated horns cabinets not to far from home. Might be worth the 14 hour round trip.. I've been looking for awhile now. Sounds like they have been used for DJing most their life. The father purchased them 30 years ago and had been handed down to his son, who also did mobile DJ.

Seller says when played louder, one horn crackles and one 15" doesn't put out as hard as the other. Could this be a diaphragm on the horn and capacitor on the crossover circuitry causing the LF to be quieter?

Anyone able to give some input on the going rate of value for this type of la Scala is? Obvious signs of packing it around to events and tired drivers needing some TLC. All boxes seem to be well protected from having the rigid metal trim so I am assuming condition at this point is just visual scuffs. The asking price is $500CAD

I priced out manufacturing my own Baltic birch boxes but it was well into the $600CAD price tag just for wood. 

Hi Daryls, welcome to the forum.  I would say until you actually see some photos (and hopefully post some here), that it would be hard to give a ballpark on the "value" of the LSI's.  However, if they are in even marginal condition, no major damage, etc, $500CAD is a nice number for you to purchase.  I wouldn't assume that because they have the metal trim that the boxes are only "scuffed"....Before you make that long trip, I would ask the seller for lots and lots of photos, and more details around the driver performance.

BTW, I have a pair of the LSI splits, and they are awesome.  Good luck.

My plan is to completely strip these down and re-finish them, so cosmetic appearance is not to much of a concern to me. I have family nearby that can go check these out for me to look for signs of delam or bubbles from water damage but everything appears intact. 

let me know your thoughts!

IMG_2634.JPEG

IMG_2635.JPEG

IMG_2636.JPEG

IMG_2637.JPEG

IMG_2638.JPEG

IMG_2639.JPEG

IMG_2640.JPEG

IMG_2641.JPEG

IMG_2642.JPEG

If it's worth it to you to make that kind of drive, and you have the time, I would buy them after your families check out.  I don't know that I would completely strip them down (that's a lot of time and work...especially inside the doghouse), but would sand down the rough spots, and then put two good coats of black Duratex on them (Parts Express).  For the trim pieces, I would highly recommend marking each piece on the inside as you remove them, so as to more easily match where they need to go when you put everything back together.  This will save you a bunch of time and frustration when you do go to put them back on, as they are not all exactly alike, and the screw holes may be a bit off from piece to piece, if you catch my drift.....take it from a person with experience.....have fun with those, let us know how we can help further.

Just now, kg4guy said:

I got a pair in similar condition and took all the trim off had it bead blasted and painted the cabinets rebuilt the crossovers they look new.

Nice! those look great. Do you use them in your house on a regular basis or out on the road?

I used them in my house but have sold them as I have 2 Danley SH96HO's SH46's and 4 DBH218 subs and a pair of TH112 subs I use for sound. I have a very nice pair of the matching Heresy slant monitors with aluminum trim fiberglass black with rebuilt networks I will be selling if anyone is interested.