Seperate Amp for Second Set of Mains?

alynmar

I am running a 5.1 receiver with the following: Mains-KLF10, Center-C7, Sub-KSW10, Rear/Surround-RB5. I would like to add a set of towers either Legands or RF3 to another room in my home. My receiver can either run this set or has the connections to add a seperate power amp. I'm not sure which way to go or what watt/chanel amp to add.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Alan

------------------

Are they going to be playing simultaneously? If so I would use another amp. Your receiver has 4 front channels? Or is it an A/B switch and you can enable both of them. That would mean your running 4 pair off of two channels...not ideal. What type of receiver is it?

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Alan, DPonder asks some good questions. you should also tell us if you are using a multi-room / multi-sorce receiver or a receiver that will force you to listen to the same thing in both rooms.

Just a side note, I live in Strongsville, where do you do your hi-fi shopping? I guess I would have to assume the eastern suburbs.

JT