must-have vinyl?

Paducah Home Theater

I have two:

First one is the classic Lynyrd Skynyrd- 'One More From the Road'. This one is pretty self explanatory.

The second one is actually my favorite album and is quite interesting. It is Blue Riddim Band- "Alive in Jamaica".

What makes this album so special is the emotion and raw energy of the event. A Kansas City Blues/Reggae band plays a set at Reggae Sunsplash Festival in Jamaica among die hard reggae fans in the country the music was born in. They are actually the first US band to play there. The initial tracks you can hear the nervousness of the lead singer as he is unsure how the audience will react to a bunch of midwest white guys. But as the set continues the crowd starts to really groove in and the band feeds off this gaining in confidence before absolutely wrecking havoc by the end and crushing the set with the crowd going wild.

post-59242-0-82200000-1467133710_thumb.j

post-59242-0-93720000-1467133716_thumb.j

Edited by twk123

In what genre OP?

I don't know, something halfway happy to play as background music on some Heresy's, I'm not big into serious listening like audiophiles do, and if I were, I wouldn't use records.  Mainly wondering what the super popular ones out there are.  Songs in the key of life is a big one for vinyl, I'm just so unfamiliar with records that I don't know where else to start.  I did buy that one but at this point I only have like 5 records.  I do enjoy old Jimmy Buffett records, have three of those.  The only other one I have is Roberta Flack after being curious about the lyrics in Red Hot Chili Pepper's "my lovely man" and finding it in an antique store for like 5 bucks.  May try John Prine next.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

IDK... I don't do very well at all multi tasking, so if I begin with the intention of having background music on while I do <whatever>, I usually end up at least drumming my fingers & day dreaming, or finding something to give the system & the neighbors a workout.  so I might as well offer something I like for that last part - to misappropriate a phrase, best played at maximum volume

Aerosmith - Pump

IDK... I don't do very well at all multi tasking, so if I begin with the intention of having background music on while I do <whatever>, I usually end up at least drumming my fingers & day dreaming, or finding something to give the system & the neighbors a workout. 

Sunday is hangout day at my place, clean the house, play with the kids, catch up on paperwork.  I end up listening to music all day while I do this.  

• Like 1

Must have vinyl is your favorite music---on vinyl.

It seems that some songs are better suited for the analog artifacts and shallow sound that vinyl provides.  The Jimmy Buffett ones I mentioned for example are neato.  Can't imagine that a modern artist would have the same effect.  

Anyway, I've been wanting to go prowl around on Broadway in Nashville and visit Ernest Tubb's record shop, I just don't know what to look for.  I imagine everything down there will be classic country though.