WTB KPT-?

USNRET

Some time ago I donated my KPT-100s that I bought from the whirl wind tour thru-out Klipschland to the gents who wash our aircraft as they were listening to a blown speaker boombox. I would like to replace them for use on my back patio powered by a EMo Mini-X and a to-be-bought Sonos Connect.

I am looking for something to use for lower level patio listening and to position to throw out the tunes for about 50 feet for the kiddos on the trampoline. I only have a single Belle, a new single oak KG 3.2 (won at Hope this year), a pair of black KG-1.5s and a pair of JBL 4312s in the 'spares' locker and none of these are appropriate I would think. I would be willing to barter with the 1.5s and/or the 3.2. Also available for bartering would be a pair of Sennheiser RS-175 wireless headphones (bought for the hearing impaired wife, used for 5 minutes and deemed by her that 'the old ones were more comfy' or possibly an NVidia shield 500 GB Android TV that I loaded with KODI but I never use.

I have zero experience with any of the Klipsch AW line, would they be better than just ok?

Whadda you thunk?

In the older lines prior to AW, the KHO7, the patio mainstay, is basically the same box and drivers as a KSB1.1, of which I have several pairs. Love them, they sound very nice, and have plastic cabinets which don't self-destruct in the rain/humidity. I do bring them in during winter months and keep them sheltered from driving rain by installing under the overhangs of the house. You might try something like that. 

• Like 1

In the older lines prior to AW, the KHO7, the patio mainstay, is basically the same box and drivers as a KSB1.1, of which I have several pairs. Love them, they sound very nice, and have plastic cabinets which don't self-destruct in the rain/humidity. I do bring them in during winter months and keep them sheltered from driving rain by installing under the overhangs of the house. You might try something like that. 

Listening / looking.

The KPT-100s would more than fit the bill, but so would some of the AWs. The AWs will weather better over the long haul if the speakers will be subjected to much UV and water.

Not so much direct UV or water but airborne salt corrosion which nothing can survive for long.

Edited by USNRET

Look at the CP-6's, even Jay likes them better than the 650's.  However, I have the AW-650's on my back porch and literally just finished installing some Snap AV very similar ones on the front porch 5 minutes ago, I can A/B them in a real world environment and can tell you right now the AW-650's run all over these other ones, midrange is just not there and the cabinet has some coloration/resonances and bloated bass.  Hopefully they'll break in and start sounding better.  I almost got them for free, otherwise I wouldn't have tried them.  Construction looks real nice though, several outdoor speakers of this size are almost identical in construction even between different brands.  

13592299_10153904673049401_5188868296251

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 2 weeks later...