Best Atmos Scenes/Movies to demo

dtr20

I couldn't find a topic like this so I figured I would start one.

My favorite atmos disc is Roger Waters: The Wall. The opening song has planes fly right over your head and sounds amazing. There are other songs which incorporate very good atmos, but I can't think of them. Whenever I demo atmos for someone, I go straight for this scene.

Edited by dtr20

The Star Wars Battlefront game is the best I have heard by far, really adds to the immersion, other demo scenes often seem cheesy comparatively.  I expect to start seeing it quite a bit in games.  

Otherwise my favorite is Transformers 4 when they pick up the metal and drop it towards the end.  

Need to get you an atmos demo disc.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The first movie I watched when my atmos theatre was done was Gravity. There is a scene where Sandra bullock is flipping a toggle switch over her head and it clicks over your head too. It's a small scene but the whole destruction of the station and hopping from one transport to another is cool.

I demoed the system to friends and I always pull Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. Opening scene when the military transport takes off with Tom cruise hanging on the outside. The power up of those engines and take off is pretty cool.

Also like the scene from the wall with the airplane overhead. Cool stuff.

transformers 4 and mad max by far have tons of immersion effects.. The rest of the movies ive seen so far don't even compare to these 2 movies.. I think it will be a while till "blockbuster action movies" learn the best methods to use Atmos technology..