Jokes?

Marvel

True storey, but amusing....

Had the most amusing con today. After going ISO a fuel line for da kids car, (O'Reilly's, Auto Zone and two NAPAs) ; I found the Hose Master. Toyota wanted $250 and three days. The Hose Master cut the fittings from the old line, brazed them to threaded fittings and fitted a hose between them. For $45.00. In 60 minutes. 
The Hose Store, 302 East Baseline, Mesa Az, 487-5800. Great service, and comedy too. Hose Master: " I can give ya another inch on that hose if ya want." Me: "Better make it two; ya can never have too much hose." Master: " Yeah, we can do that."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBCODD said:

True storey, but amusing....

Had the most amusing con today. After going ISO a fuel line for da kids car, (O'Reilly's, Auto Zone and two NAPAs) ; I found the Hose Master. Toyota wanted $250 and three days. The Hose Master cut the fittings from the old line, brazed them to threaded fittings and fitted a hose between them. For $45.00. In 60 minutes. 
The Hose Store, 302 East Baseline, Mesa Az, 487-5800. Great service, and comedy too. Hose Master: " I can give ya another inch on that hose if ya want." Me: "Better make it two; ya can never have too much hose." Master: " Yeah, we can do that."

Yes, a couple of extra inches to play with  beats one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is a story about a Roman. His name was Herman. His name was Roman Herman. The fad of the era was berries. People collected berries. They were a status symbol. One day, while Roman Herman was roaming the outskirts of Rome, he spied a berry. It was the most beautiful berry he had ever seen. He took the berry and brought it to his wife, who loved berries. She saw the berry. She praised it. She said "That's an awful nice berry you got there Herman!" Pretty soon, word got around about the berry. People came from all over Rome to see the berry, and to praise it. One night, there was a menacing knock on the door. It was late. Herman opened it. He said "Who are you?" They said "We've come for your berry." He says "It's not my berry, it's my wife's berry. Have you come to praise her berry?" They say, "No, we've come to seize her berry, not to praise it."

I first heard this joke delivered by Flip Wilson.  I was reminded of it by a post in the CC&C thread by Andy @HDBRbuilder regarding Yamaha “Ear” speakers.

• Like 1