Jokes?

Marvel

On 7/16/2019 at 9:56 AM, oldtimer said:

I remember we used to laugh at Kiss and the Kiss book cover and notebook toting dorks.  Meanwhile Kiss was laughing all the way to the bank.  Ha!  Remember they had their own cartoon, just like the Jackson Five and Josie and the Pussycats?....

KISS even had a comic that had ink containing some of their blood.  Just to seem a bit hardcore, right?

BTW, what do/did KISS and A. Hitler have in common?  They both practiced their stage moves in front of a mirror.  No joke.  True story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Islander said:

BTW, what do/did KISS and A. Hitler have in common?  They both practiced their stage moves in front of a mirror.  No joke.  True story.

I suspect, based on listening to both, that SHitler could probably sing and play instruments just as well as that band of clowns. Too bad he turned out to be a megalomaniac murdering people just because they were different than him.

Wb

• Like 1

Ok, true story...

In grade 6 my schoolbus driver gave all the guys a Kiss poster for Christmas. I can’t remember what she gave the girls...

A kid from another stop got on and said his bus driver only gave them boxes of Turtles chocolates and asked if anyone wanted to trade. 

I eagerly took the trade!

Only to look up into the big bus driver mirror and see the bus driver giving me my first “look that could kill.”

• Haha 1

•  

VINTAGE AIR GUITAR ON CRAIGSLIST, $799

air_guitar_case_465_2309482342_465_262_i

Some wag in Illinois’ Champaign-Urbana area has put up an ad on Craigslist for a sweet “Vintage Air Guitar” that his uncle gave him after securing it at a Thin Lizzyconcert in the 1970s. The instrument is described as a “chick magnet.” Because of the high value of this item, the seller requests “no lowball offers or scams please.”

Here’s the description, in full:

Reluctantly parting with this awesome vintage air guitar. My uncle saw some dude in the audience playing this at a Thin Lizzie concert back in the 70s. Long story short, my uncle ended up trading the dude a lid of Acapulco gold for it and then gave it to me about 20 years ago. I’ve taken it to more concerts than I can remember and always get great comments about it. It’s definitely a chick magnet, especially if you’re working the has-been tour circuit (Rick Springfield, Bon Jovi, Kansas, Cheap Trick, whatever). The only reason I’m selling is to fund my lifelong dream of an overseas snipe hunt. Otherwise I’d never let this one go. No lowball offers or scams please.

(BTW This has nothing to do with Dave Hickey’s classic book of art criticism Air Guitar, which is available used on Amazon for less than four bucks.)

air_guitar_stand_0293842342_465_624_int.

If you buy this you can train for the annual Air Guitar World Championships. The current titleholder is Kereel “Your Daddy” Blumenkrants, watch his prize-winning performance here:

• Haha 1