Jokes?

Marvel

On 11/13/2019 at 7:44 AM, Wolfbane said:

I suspect, based on listening to both, that SHitler could probably sing and play instruments just as well as that band of clowns. Too bad he turned out to be a megalomaniac murdering people just because they were different than him.

Wb

It's a pity the art school didn't accept Mr. H.  His paintings weren't bad.  If he'd become a reasonably successful artist, he might never have gone into politics and might have spared the world one of the most horrible periods in history.  That rejection led to the loss of so many lives.  History can turn on the smallest things...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Islander said:

It's a pity the art school didn't accept Mr. H.  His paintings weren't bad.  If he'd become a reasonably successful artist, he might never have gone into politics and might have spared the world one of the most horrible periods in history.  That rejection led to the loss of so many lives.  History can turn on the smallest things...

Whatever the motive: Between Stalin (including his purges) and him, they managed to depopulate Europe by about 100 million people in ~15 years. Two whackos in power involving themselves in an all out racial and war to gain additional lands was not good. 

Wb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Amazon reminded me today of a lawyer joke.

A little old lady consulted a young attorney to have a simple will prepared to disburse he meager estate among charities.  He told her it would be $300.  She pulled some bills from a purse and handed him $300.

After she left, he discovered that two bills were stuck together, making $400, rather than the $300 owed.  This created a terrible dilemma for the struggling young attorney.

Should he share the windfall with his partner, or keep it to and for himself?

Amazon reminded of this joke when they sent an email advising me of a refund for an item I had not returned.  I called and told them the refund was an error, but I also told my partner.