Jokes?

Marvel

6 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'NEVER TRUST AN ELECTRICIAN WITH NO EYEBROWS CAUTION'

I was in the hospital once upon a time. at night, I see the most beautiful blue flash of light and I'm lying in bed thinking, "wow, that was a beautiful color."  A few minutes later I hear a nurse saying to someone, "are you alright? You have to go down to the ER now, it's hospital policy."  Turns out someone was working on some equipment and got electrocuted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

"wow, that was a beautiful color."

It is a really nice looking shade of blue.

So your saying don't go toward the light if your in the hospital and see a bright light.

• Haha 1

Just now, dtel said:

So your saying don't go toward the light if your in the hospital and see a bright light.

not what I'm saying.  I see a light I'm running as fast as I can towards it. I'm not afraid of the end of this life. 

I did have a co-worker once that said the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be the headlights of a truck -- and I've already done that. in fact, I was just thinking about that earlier.  My shoulders got jacked up after that fight with the truck several years ago.  they're both hurting right now and it brought that episode to mind. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

You do have a bad track record with trucks, a life changing experience.

that I do.  when I was eight years old, the car I was in was T-Boned by a semi that ran through a stop sign. Don't know if it was our car or the truck that took out at least one power pole -- newspaper article said power was knocked out to 1500 homes. Truck driver had a blood alcohol level of over 3 -- I remember hearing someone say that they were surprised that he could even walk let alone drive. He was 30 miles off course and shouldn't have even been in our town. We were at the edge of our neighborhood -- minutes from home. 

My Mom ... and the truck driver died that night. My Dad died less than five months later. 

Ban all trucks!  oh wait, my brother has a truck and he'd be without transportation. Ban all drivers then....that won't work either. I guess I can be a milennial and say Ban Stop Signs -- government shouldn't be telling us when to go and when to stop!

• Sad 3

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that, i didn't know it was because of an accident, and your dad 5 months later, just terrible.

Ban drunk drivers, or at least do not give them a second chance to cause an accident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Sorry to hear that, i didn't know it was because of an accident, and your dad 5 months later, just terrible.

yeah, she was only 33. The only female in our family thus far that hasn't lived into their 90s.  She'd still be alive today most likely. Both her and my Dad ejected out the driver's side door. Reports said the car rolled (not sure how many times) it was one of those Chevy Nova Station Wagons.  Not sure how me and my brother survived -- didn't wear seatbelts back in those days. My arm was wedged between the cracks in the seat and when the car rolled, I must have went flying too and my arm stayed in the same place. was broken pretty bad. 

My Dad actually survived all his injuries -- not sure what they all were; but I know he did have a broken back. I remember visiting him in the hospital and he was in this strange circular bed and was upside down. I walked under the bed to look up and talk to him. While in the hospital they told him that he had cancer and he refused treatment. They told him they could extend his life about a year and he said if they couldn't cure him do nothing. He was only 35. 

Funny thing, while at the hospital, some guy had gotten shot in the arm and I heard some doctors talking and saying how the arm couldn't be saved and would have to come off. I thought they were talking about me.  I put up a huge fight. Thankfully, for the doctors, my Aunt had already been notified and arrived at the ER and calmed me down. I remember seeing the nurse wheel in this tray with all the stuff to make the cast. There were these huge scissors and that is what I thought they were going to use to chop off my arm. Sounds funny; but I was barely eight years old and it had already been a weird night. 

• Sad 2

actually, got adopted a year later. came home one day when I was 17 and my adopted Dad is having a heart attack. He died when I was 18.

Now you guys know why I'm so messed up.

wait ... just realized that this is the joke thread, didn't realize that when I was posting ... sorry for spoiling it. 

• Sad 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:20 AM, moray james said:

That's a nice Parisienne, my dad bought a 64 4 door in maroon with a black interior. Was a very nice car.

My Dad  had a 2 door Impala 67 fastback candy apple red  , this car was big ,  the front seat was comfier than a couch , the rear seat was as long as a bed ,  the trunk was huge ------

here is similar car on the web ---these cars were the widest and  some of  the longest Chevy's  

1967 Chevrolet Impala (CC-1354232) for sale in Annandale, Minnesota

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

wait ... just realized that this is the joke thread, didn't realize that when I was posting ... sorry for spoiling it

No it's good, well really bad, sorry to hear this, you have never said what happened, thank you. I always wondered but would have never asked.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Now you guys know why I'm so messed up.

Actually the other way around, you did great considering going through way more than the average person. That's way more than anyone should have to go through. Your doing good.   

• Like 1

made a similar mistake once.  Went fishing and had a bandana on ... end of day, removed the bandana and my face was darker from the sun; but the top half of my forehead wasn't.

Next day, I had to lay in the backyard with a towel over my face so the lesser tanned skin could catch up. Fortunately, our to my Portuguese Olive complexion, I tan rather quickly so the embarrassment was short-lived.