Jokes?

Marvel

A man is washing windows on the 25th floor of an apartment building. Suddenly, he slips and falls. He has nothing to cushion his fall, and no safety equipment—but he doesn't get hurt. How is this possible? A. He's washing windows inside the building.

My wife and her friend were out to lunch when the temperature drastically dropped. They stood by her friend’s truck, shivering, while the friend searched for a key to unlock the door. My wife asked, “Can’t we sit in the truck while you find your keys?”

A patient came to the hospital with a burned right hand. As the doctor took down his medical history, he asked the injured man, "Do you smoke?"

"Yeah, a pack and a half a day," said the patient. Concerned, the doctor told him, "You should consider quitting." "No, it's OK," said the patient. "I smoke with my left hand."

• Like 1

The beaver video prompted me to look for a cartoon that appeared in The Detroit Free Press many years ago.  Cartoonist Richard Guindon was an area delight for many years.  There is a road in southeast Michigan that traverses several of the northern suburbs of Detroit.  It is called Sixteen Mile Road, but in Macomb County it’s known as Metropolitan Parkway, in Troy It’s Big Beaver, in Bloomfield Hills it’s Quarton Rd.

The Guindon cartoon showed a couple in a car asking directions from a giant flat tailed beaver with a quizzical look on it’s face.  The caption read, “Quarton, Quarton,

Quarton?”

A search of the Internet for the actual cartoon came up empty.  Instead, I’ve attached a different Guindon cartoon to provide a sense of his drawing style and his humor.  

Also attached is a cartoon not by Guindon, but which seemed appropriate.

FYI:  Big Beaver is at exit 69 of I-75.

E30A7A2E-0CF0-4E3F-9F71-FE982C0D7773.jpeg

7A9EA2D8-B07C-4BBC-A966-89306AB4598A.jpeg

1DACE84D-7648-4ED6-B7E0-98A600DBE470.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1