Jokes?

Marvel

On 7/8/2020 at 6:29 AM, CECAA850 said:

If Jerry Seinfeld did the same skit going into a black barbershop playing rap he'd be labeled as racist.  This is acceptable though.

I love Dave Chappelle and found this funny as well but am getting sick of the double standard.  Why can't funny just be funny?

You have a point there, but us whites have not had to deal with decades of offensive "entertainment", like minstrel shows, which mocked the blacks pretty severely, as well as other cliches, like Al Jolson with his "Mammy!".  That's just one example.  Dave Chappelle may seem a bit like the reverse of Al Jolson, but in a way it's a case of turnaround is fair play.  That's how I see it.  Does that make sense to you?

Maybe in a few more generations, there'll be enough respect all around to let funny just be funny for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

You have a point there, but us whites have not had to deal with decades of offensive "entertainment", like minstrel shows, which mocked the blacks pretty severely, as well as other cliches, like Al Jolson with his "Mammy!".  That's just one example.  Dave Chappelle may seem a bit like the reverse of Al Jolson, but in a way it's a case of turnaround is fair play.  That's how I see it.  Does that make sense to you?

Maybe in a few more generations, there'll be enough respect all around to let funny just be funny for everyone.

Is there anyone still alive today from that time?

People of all races are getting along just fine thank you. Don't let the MSM divide us

We don't need to wait generations. We are all perfectly capable to laugh at ourselves and others TODAY

Bill Burr

WARNING: Language

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Islander said:

You have a point there, but us whites have not had to deal with decades of offensive "entertainment", like minstrel shows, which mocked the blacks pretty severely, as well as other cliches, like Al Jolson with his "Mammy!"

2 wrongs?

• Thanks 1

I like that one Bruce.  I find it interesting how different people process information and form conclusions. Me, being cursed with a hefty case of OCD, tend to way overthink things and overreact to issues that may be technically possible, but highly unlikely. 

Yesterday, I'm talking with a family member. She said that she doesn't wash her hands after handling the mail because she sees the mail carrier wearing gloves so she feels safe in that regard. I told her that If I put on gloves and picked up dog poop off her lawn then opened the door and came inside the house, I won't have dog poop on the skin of my hands because I wore gloves, but there would be dog poop on the doorknob. Barring an open wound and a contagious skin condition, gloves protect the wearer NOT those they encounter. gloves can become just as contaminated as bare hands. 

Seems logical to me ... but, she's not the only one to get a false sense of security from seeing a person wearing gloves. I view gloves the same as I do the person's bare hands -- and because I have OCD -- they're filthy 😃

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

IShe said that she doesn't wash her hands after handling the mail because she sees the mail carrier wearing gloves so she feels safe in that regard.

Keep in mind that the sender probably licked the envelope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Edgar said:

Keep in mind that the sender probably licked the envelope.

that brings back a memory ... when I was in the service, whenever we had to mail out a bunch of stuff, someone would say to get the "duty tongue."  It was a tube filled with water and a tiny sponge tip ... the tip remained damp and you just rubbed it over the glue on the envelope. Ingenious ... no wonder we won WWII.