Jokes?

Marvel

8 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Now that you mention it.

Medical condition precluding wearing of a cheap paper mask.

Violation of 4th Amendment & HIPAA to ax 😉 about his condition.

Just like my condition.

Can’t wait to sue Wally World, should they refuse to allow me to enter...

Lots of skilled ambulance chasing lawyers ‘round here, who know how to pick a jury.

Not really. You can wear a mask over a cannula. If your lung problems are so bad that a cloth/paper mask exacerbates them you could wear a face shield. In all cases avoid sources of ignition. If ignited an oxygen saturated mask would be a quick and furious burn......not pretty. I doubt that this photo is covid19 contemporary in any case.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Didn't read the article, but saw that in California there is rapidly growing tension between two camps ... the ones that say that their rights can't be taken away and the others that say that their health is being put at risk.  

I don't think that's just California.

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, Sancho Panza said:

Most of us just use the Camel to ride to the joy house.

Another classic!  Camel jokes are always great.  Pity there are so few of them.  I know only the two which have been posted here.  If anybody knows any more, I'd be glad to hear them.

BTW, the one about the priest, the nun, and the camel is the only dick joke that women find amusing.  This has been shown in repeated tests.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Didn't read the article, but saw that in California there is rapidly growing tension between two camps ... the ones that say that their rights can't be taken away and the others that say that their health is being put at risk.  

A few days ago, I saw a cartoon featuring three beekeepers standing next to some commercial beehive boxes.  They were wearing the full beekeeper suits, but one man wasn't wearing the usual net hat, and hundreds of bees were swarming around his head and stinging him.  The second man said to the third man, who looked puzzled, "He said something about his rights..."

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Islander said:

A few days ago, I saw a cartoon featuring three beekeepers standing next to some commercial beehive boxes.  They were wearing the full beekeeper suits, but one man wasn't wearing the usual net hat, and hundreds of bees were swarming around his head and stinging him.  The second man said to the third man, who looked puzzled, "He said something about his rights..."

My son sent it to me yesterday!

3421BC8E-0998-4DF5-8997-2A707C533187.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Already been there, when the Quack at the VA, refused, repeatedly, to return my urgent phone calls..

Wore the mask they gave me, as a common courtesy.

In & out in an hour, with Rx in hand. Local ER, less than three miles from the house. NP saved my life.

Quack hasn’t been fired...yet.

11 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Ever experienced your State passing a temporary tax?

13 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

well that quote from Franklin was all about taxation, and it was also a pro-government statement. 

• Haha 1

yes, as I understand the history of his statement and that it came from his defense of the Pennsylvania General Assembly in a tax dispute with the Penn family (who didn't want their land taxed).  But, I admit, I wasn't there so Ben didn't tell me directly what he meant. But it sure looks like he was siding with the legislature. 

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Certainly, there are essential liberties.  For example, the right to vote, the rights of free speech and freedom of assembly.  Then there are non-essential liberties, like the liberty to refuse to wear a seat belt in a car, or to refuse to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle or bicycle.

Essential liberties are worth fighting for, and yet their loss does not threaten your life, as proven by the citizens of China.  And yet the loss of those non-essential liberties mentioned above can save your life.  Funny how that works.

Going without wearing a mask in indoor public or commercial spaces is a non-essential liberty, and it costs lives.  It’s not worth fighting over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1