Jokes?

Marvel

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Peaceably assemble. Untold Millions of Chinese subjects have had life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness taken instantly, with their family billed for the bullet...

Yes, so it's great that we don’t live there.  Keep in mind that the Chinese (plus the people in a number of other countries) have never known democracy.  They went from serving the Emperor directly to serving the Chinese Communist Party (the CCP), except for a short period in limited areas in the late 1940s.  The rise of individualism in the West has no counterpart in China.  Having enough to eat, plus freedom from war, was seen as good enough for decades.  Their mindset is very different from ours, for example their thinking in the long term, unlike the “more profits every quarter” impatient thinking of many Western companies.

Then TV arrived, and eventually, the Internet, but that’s another story.

EDIT:  Did I miss your point?  Were you condemning China for its practice of killing/murdering/assassinating/executing its convicted criminals?  I have to agree.  Most civilized countries gave that up decades ago.  But I’d better drop that topic before the admins shut down this thread.

37 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Well, food is important.  Things are a bit different from my point of view.  For me, eating at a restaurant is a rare treat, and mostly happens when friends or family from out of province come to visit me, a few times a year at most.  If I ate regularly at restaurants, I couldn’t afford the sound system that I have.  I usually eat prepared meals at home, while enjoying that system, so the closures of restaurants never affected me, and now that they’re open again, it makes little difference to me.

If you get most of your food from restaurants, it makes sense that anything that poses a difficulty in dining out would be a very tender area for you.  The wearing of masks up here is a simple health protection issue.  It’s what you do to keep everyone safe, or safer, anyway.  In the US, it seems to have become politicized, which is sad.  The virus doesn’t care which political party you support, and even supposedly protected people can get sick, like our Prime Minister’s wife, and the Prime Minister of England, who was in intensive care for a while.  Luckily, both of them recovered, and most people do, but it’s a disease more like pneumonia than the flu, so it’s a grim experience, plus we’re hearing reports of long term lung damage in a few cases.

Anyway, I’m glad you got your cool back.  We’re all cool here, right?

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, 7heavenlyplaces said:

So then what of it  "enough to eat"  (as in a previous post) which is now threatened in my state UNLESS you display and wear a mask food is unobtainable...a mask or starve...?  

Huh?

Where is this going to?

Apologies to all as this needs to be posted in a new and different thread....  back to THIS thread;

what (again) so you call fouur Bullfighters in  quicksand?

"Quattro Sinko"

There's delivery to your home or to your vehicle.  Only Darwin followers will starve during this outbreak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the men's group started eating dog food for lunch and dinner and the others advised him not to because it was poison to humans. After a few months he died. One of the group said "I told him not to eat that stuff and that he would die". One of the other members said in reply " No, he didn't die from the dog food, he was on his bed trying to lick his butt then fell off and broke his neck".

JJK

• Haha 3