Jokes?

Marvel

27 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Hey, Zen.  Come out and play!

I wish I could, Jeff I miss you. :) 

I have no issue with the way Google handled that meme.  The funny thing is it supports my earlier claim that we have enough homegrown fake news.  In other words, focusing on Russians is a red herring.

I realize both you and Robert made that comment the week before the 2016 election on a thread I started, but what we didn't realize at the time was the scope of Russian involvement. In fact, what you posted proves my point that you don't need collusion to show Russian bots and American malcontents were magnifying "Fake News," to make it look like more people were spreading like minded content that was not true...The thing that has changed is NOW Facebook is trying to prevent it whereas 4 years ago they were promoting & profiting off of it. 

That's my take and I also contend  the toilet paper memes started back in March was a harbinger of what was to come to promote idiotic memes and "Fake News," to persuade folks against taking Covid 19 seriously.  I feel those probably started abroad...

Edited by Zen Traveler

1 minute ago, ZenAgain said:

The thing that has changed is NOW Facebook is trying to prevent it whereas 4 years ago they were promoting & profiting off of it. 

It's kind of ironic for the government to be pressuring Facebook to filter other people's speech.  But yeah... I get it.  I saw the documentary.  What happens when the government controls social media?

54 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's kind of ironic for the government to be pressuring Facebook to filter other people's speech.  But yeah... I get it.  I saw the documentary.  What happens when the government controls social media?

You mean like pre WWII Germany......   and the way the major media players do now?

6 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I saw the documentary.  What happens when the government controls social media?

The Government doesn't control social media and that is why Facebook is trying to get ahead of it--There is no FCC for social media.

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

You mean like pre WWII Germany......   and the way the major media players do now?

I hope you and your family are doing well and not sure what how why you are equating the two. But yes, government controls "the major media players." and they have editorial process they go through as not to promote "Fake News." 

11 hours ago, dtel said:

The last bunch of jokes have sucked.

I agree and look what started it off, a political meme spread on Facebook that was not funny. Irony is a ***** sometimes and as I pointed out, those toilet paper memes weren't "Jokes"/funny, but designed to be passed on social media to denigrate an issue or make people look stupid. Fwiw, I like Jeff but if his first instinct is to find a RBG meme and post it on the Klipsch Forum I think that brings us full circle in agreeing it ain't funny. It also proves the point that it takes more effort responding to memes than it does to post them--THAT is the Social Media/Forum discussions weaponized propaganda strategy being used by the Russians and sources right here in the USA.

EDIT: I apologize for not posting anything funny in this thread but Jeff invited me to participate I wanted to also give a conscientious response along with  a *confused* LIKE to his observation. These are fun things to discuss possibly on another thread. :) 

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 2