Jokes?

Marvel

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Hoping beyond hope that this is a radiant heating manifold not just the hot and cold water....... nevertheless funny HA,HA:D

Gotta love the cinder block holding up the bottom pipe after all that meticulous work.

I kind of like the artwork of the Three Stooges plumbing accomplishments. Water in the lights and water in the gas lines.

JJK

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, henry4841 said:

Anybody else buy something and later find out you already had one of them? CRS, the rest of us old folks know the meaning of what CRS is.  

Yes, all the time, that's why I have 42 caulking guns 😀

I have to work on what CRS means....

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes, all the time, that's why I have 42 caulking guns 😀

I had just about that many.  Went looking for 1 just 1 last fall and never found it.  FINALLY found 1 when I was loading up my tool chest a couple weeks ago.  Honestly don't know where the others went.  That's the crazy part!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I had just about that many.  Went looking for 1 just 1 last fall and never found it.  FINALLY found 1 when I was loading up my tool chest a couple weeks ago.  Honestly don't know where the others went.  That's the crazy part!

I have all of mine, probably a dozen or so. I always remember that I needed one while at work, can't drive home for a $12 tool, so they pile up. I have multiples of many small tools...extension cords, hoses, drill bits...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I have all of mine, probably a dozen or so. I always remember that I needed one while at work, can't drive home for a $12 tool, so they pile up. I have multiples of many small tools...extension cords, hoses, drill bits...

Do you guys keep drill bits you know are dull and burnt out? Like you I have lots of drill bits and do not use them regularly. When I do it is typically just a few sizes and then used for 1 time small jobs. Even though these olde bits ‘suck’ as bits they keep the drill kit ‘complete’ and I just know for sure that there’s one more good hole to be had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Do you guys keep drill bits you know are dull and burnt out? 

I've often thought about buying a drill bit sharpener. The cheapest one I could find is about $50. Fifty dollars will buy a lot of drill bits. At the rate I use them up, I could never justify the cost.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I've often thought about buying a drill bit sharpener. The cheapest one I could find is about $50. Fifty dollars will buy a lot of drill bits. At the rate I use them up, I could never justify the cost.

It'll save you a trip to the hardware store if you're in the middle of a project and dull one out though.

• Like 2

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Do you guys keep drill bits you know are dull and burnt out? Like you I have lots of drill bits and do not use them regularly. When I do it is typically just a few sizes and then used for 1 time small jobs. Even though these olde bits ‘suck’ as bits they keep the drill kit ‘complete’ and I just know for sure that there’s one more good hole to be had.

Yes, I have a couple hundred, I sharpen them usually when I need one, just never sat down to do all of them. You said you use them up alot, if not broken they can be sharpened over and over. 

A couple months ago I got a sharpener Drill Doctor 350x, it sharpens up to 1/2", works great easy to use and fast. $49 does masonry bits also

35 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Fifty dollars will buy a lot of drill bits.

Not really, there not cheap, unless it's only an occasional thing.  

• Like 2