Jokes?

Marvel

On 2/5/2021 at 3:24 AM, Marvel said:

🙄 I've had to do that off and on my whole life. There's a method... sometimes you get it first try.

don't have that problem because I rarely use a pick -- when I need more than fingers I'll use a coin.  I did however mess with the input jack on one of my electric hollowbodies and the innards fell into the body.  I need a long rod with a magnet to get to it now.  

regarding picks -- I feel lost when I use one.  always preferred the feeling of the strings on my fingers. but there are limitations. my good friend has been playing bass for close to 50 years -- he said "you perform like you practice."  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

don't have that problem because I rarely use a pick -- when I need more than fingers I'll use a coin.  I did however mess with the input jack on one of my electric hollowbodies and the innards fell into the body.  I need a long rod with a magnet to get to it now.  

regarding picks -- I feel lost when I use one.  always preferred the feeling of the strings on my fingers. but there are limitations. my good friend has been playing bass for close to 50 years -- he said "you perform like you practice."  

I usually play "my own style" of fingerpicking. I say my own because I was never disciplined enough to learn another's style.  Sometimes, if someone is around, they will ask "How do you do that?" My reply is often "How do I do what", not really knowing how or what I'm doing, mostly just stumbling around on the fretboard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

I usually play "my own style" of fingerpicking. I say my own because I was never disciplined enough to learn another's style.  Sometimes, if someone is around, they will ask "How do you do that?" My reply is often "How do I do what", not really knowing how or what I'm doing, mostly just stumbling around on the fretboard.

me too.  I use my fingers for strumming and lead work.  learnt without a pick and now using one is very different -- almost like learning all over again (well at least for the right hand it is).

• Like 1