Jokes?

Marvel

@EmilC

I almost spit out my coffee, the doofus look of that guy with the seatbelt on!

First thing in my thoughts afterwards: "Duck & Cover"

The only good public service short-stories back then were the Signal 13 ones that got cancelled because they were traumatic for that next generation!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Kinda sad that a new base Camry or Civic would run circles around it .

Yea-but!

All mechanical with some hydraulics and vacuum tubes was simple then, those machines did what you asked of them when you stomped, turned or whatever. And if something ever went wrong Big HWY 160 Auto Parts wasn't but a half hour south of here. Put the toolbox in your buddy's ride and go find what you needed!

Wipers were hidden under the hood and rubbing compound fixed fender benders, not as much need for Allstate when the body was steel.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Yea-but!

All mechanical with some hydraulics and vacuum tubes was simple then, those machines did what you asked of them when you stomped, turned or whatever. And if something ever went wrong Big HWY 160 Auto Parts wasn't but a half hour south of here. Put the toolbox in your buddy's ride and go find what you needed!

Wipers were hidden under the hood and rubbing compound fixed fender benders, not as much need for Allstate when the body was steel.

And you could lay on the hood while on the beach without worrying about caving it in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1