Jokes?

Marvel

16 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

788605875_Screenshot_20220222-161728_SamsungInternet.jpg.39576e197ad27feeae458ba34d848575.jpg

Reminds me of a county sheriff I once knew of. Wrecked lots of cars, so they told him he'd have to provide his own car. He drove a Mustang GT and would instigate people to speed and turn the lights on. Glad I wasn't the one dating his daughter.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CWOReilly said:

Reminds me of a county sheriff I once knew of. Wrecked lots of cars, so they told him he'd have to provide his own car. He drove a Mustang GT and would instigate people to speed and turn the lights on. Glad I wasn't the one dating his daughter.....

In my home town there was a straight, almost flat stretch of road that had a posted 25 mph speed limit for about three miles, because there were several schools along the way. I was aware that it was also a speed trap, so I always drove at the limit. One dark evening about 8:00 I was driving this road, and I saw a pair of headlights behind me, coming up fast. The car got so close that I could no longer see its headlights in the mirror. So I slowed-down. The driver refused to back-off or pass, so I slowed-down more. Finally we were crawling along at less than 15 mph when he gave up, floored-it, and passed me.

It was a local cop. You can guess what he was trying to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:43 AM, oldtimer said:

Then there’s the 1000-year-long song called Long Player.  It started to play in 1999 and will play until 2999.  Surprisingly, it was composed by one of the members of the Pogues.  It’s based on a 20-minute composition and is said to never repeat for the full 1000 years.  Long Player is played on singing/prayer bowls, and sounds sort of like chimes.  It makes for relaxing background music.