Jokes?

Marvel

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

What could go wrong?  They’re made from old car parts and assembled by people on tethers.

as my grandma told me when I was a small boy -- she'd put me on her knee and say, "BigStewMan, don't you ever trust a carnie,"

actually, I was a carnie for a few days in my younger years. I never made it to the ride set-up crew -- that was for the brightest and most experienced carnies. I remember my pops telling me "go ahead and go to the fair just don't ride the rides -- they're not safe."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

as my grandma told me when I was a small boy -- she'd put me on her knee and say, "BigStewMan, don't you ever trust a carnie,"

actually, I was a carnie for a few days in my younger years. I never made it to the ride set-up crew -- that was for the brightest and most experienced carnies. I remember my pops telling me "go ahead and go to the fair just don't ride the rides -- they're not safe."

Lots of truth there.

The person in charge of and the people putting together the large rides usually are pretty skilled. 

The rides can have failures that can kill people, or worse.

There is even a FB page for that.

Amusement Ride Accident Statistics

• According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), amusement park attractions resulted in 30,900 injuries requiring hospital emergency department attention in 2016 alone.
  • Since 2010, there have been 22 fatalities attributed to thrill ride accidents.
  • Most amusement ride injuries involved children 10-14 years old (17.9%), with children 5-9 (12.6%) and 15-19 years old (13.8%) next, but with many victims 0-4 years old (6.3%).
  • Females (60.8%) were injured about 1.5 times more often than males (39.2%), and this difference held across ride sites, age groups, injured body parts, and diagnoses.

A man went to the Doctor, concerned about his wife’s hearing. “Go back home and say something to her,” the doctor suggested. “Tell me how close you are when she hears you.”

The man went home and saw his wife in the kitchen, cutting carrots. From 15 feet away, he said, “Honey, what’s for dinner?” Nothing. He walked halfway to her and repeated the same question. Nothing. Concerned, he stood right behind her and asked again, “What’s for dinner?”

She turned around and exclaimed, “For the third time, beef stew!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1