uh oh

mr.pee1

So I'm 7 hers away house setting for son/daughter in law and my wife calls, she says what are these big black boxs in the garage?  ( I had them covered) I said oh those are the speakers I bought , she ,what?? Me, oh  I forgot to tell you I'm going to refinish them. I don't remember anything else she said.

• Like 11

So I'm 7 hers away house setting for son/daughter in law and my wife calls, she says what are these big black boxs in the garage?  ( I had them covered) I said oh those are the speakers I bought , she ,what?? Me, oh  I forgot to tell you I'm going to refinish them. I don't remember anything else she said.

You'll fit in here just fine...

• Like 3

and my wife calls, she says what are these big black boxs in the garage?

"what black boxes?  Oh, those black boxes.  I've had those for a couple of years, I guess you just didn't notice..."

I don't care who you are, that there's funny.  :lol:

• Like 2

Just wait until I tell her we have to do a little rearranging of living room, not much just move her desk.The good news is my bro in law will help me refinish them , he's a painter by trade, satin black after filling holes squaring corners.

That won't work, I knew her sister way before I met my wife.but that's ok , she knows how I am. I can't wait to get these up and running , I have wanted a pair for 20 year's .So I need to get Eminence kappa 15c at 4 ohm? Is the xover  4 ohm at the woofer?

You'll fit in here just fine...

Thanks for making me blow water out of my nose! :D

• Like 1

I have a friend who lives here in town and is a member here (hugeroost).  He'll buy speakers and put them up in his attic when his wife isn't home.  When he wants to use them he'll take them down when she's home and can see him bringing them down from the attic.  He'll say they've been up there "forever" and he's just now getting a chance to use them as she never goes up there.

• Like 2

That won't work, I knew her sister way before I met my wife.but that's ok , she knows how I am. I can't wait to get these up and running , I have wanted a pair for 20 year's .So I need to get Eminence kappa 15c at 4 ohm? Is the xover  4 ohm at the woofer?

If they are Lascalas, then yes 4 Ω, and the 15C is a good replacement driver.

I have a friend who lives here in town and is a member here (hugeroost).  He'll buy speakers and put them up in his attic when his wife isn't home.  When he wants to use them he'll take them down when she's home and can see him bringing them down from the attic.  He'll say they've been up there "forever" and he's just now getting a chance to use them as she never goes up there.

Easy 130+ degrees in the attic in TX during the summers.  I hope he has foam in the rafters and roof line otherwise alert us if he ever tries to sell the speakers :-)

Easy 130+ degrees in the attic in TX during the summers.  I hope he has foam in the rafters and roof line otherwise alert us if he ever tries to sell the speakers :-)

I have 4 subwoofer drivers mounted in-between my living room and attic.  Basically living room on one side, attic on the other.  They've been pounding away and in the attic heat for 8 or 9 years now.  I've never had a problem.

I have 4 subwoofer drivers mounted in-between my living room and attic.  Basically living room on one side, attic on the other.  They've been pounding away and in the attic heat for 8 or 9 years now.  I've never had a problem.

Quite amazing.  I know how hot my attic gets here by Austin.

I've seen accordion surrounds where the tar had moved all the way to the bottom of the surround.  I guess maybe that was age vs heat.

I've seen accordion surrounds where the tar had moved all the way to the bottom of the surround

Most sub drivers are designed to withstand the temperatures in an automotive trunk.  A ventilated attic is no biggie.  Maybe the newer adhesives are less prone to heat damage.