uh oh

mr.pee1

Yea my wife keeps threatening me that she is going to join this forum to keep me in check. Nooooooooooooooo!

Dont worry, if she joins then you can do what I did and show her one of the many heated crossover design battles that spark up now and again and ask her if she thinks metallized film or paper in oil capacitors are better and she will say, "Oh Brother!" and never come back.   :lol:

Edited by twk123

Explain you could be spending larger amounts of $$$ on drug addiction, alcoholism, hookers, DWI lawyers, etc. Hifi spending is a very innocent way to blow through wads of cash but much cheaper in the long run. And who knows she may actually appreciate hi-end sound. What she won't appreciate is a call from Sargent Smith asking you to come bail out your drunk husband (and his even drunker hooker friend). Not even 70th Anniversary KHorns will patch up that mess.

I don't visit the forum too much anymore. Today I did and I am very relieved that most maniacs have not left. Actually we gained a few. Keep on rocking and if the wife doesn't want big speakers in the corner, she's no good anyway! Fix her a drink and whatever. She'll understand. (She's easier to move than the horns!)

• Like 4

If you think about it, used speakers are actually a good investment. You can enjoy them every day, they dont have a lot of maintenance costs like say a boat, and you can usually sell them for about as much as you paid for them.

• Like 2

Do we know what kind of speakers they are yet?

La Salas boss not to bad , some dings rounded corners . But for $275.00 with the k 400 horns $100 for drivers $100for tweeters not bad.but I saw a 1958 Studebaker Hawk for $20,000.

• Like 1

If you think about it, used speakers are actually a good investment. You can enjoy them every day, they dont have a lot of maintenance costs like say a boat, and you can usually sell them for about as much as you paid for them.

La Salas boss not to bad , some dings rounded corners . But for $275.00 with the k 400 horns $100 for drivers $100for tweeters not bad.but I saw a 1958 Studebaker Hawk for $20,000.

It sounds as though you can actually get more out of these than you have invested. I would call that very WAF. Lots of folks here gained WAF factor by explaining it this way. Once you know what to look for when you are buying, you can buy below market price, enjoy for a while, then sell for more than you paid. It's win win.

I don't visit the forum too much anymore. Today I did and I am very relieved that most maniacs have not left. Actually we gained a few. Keep on rocking and if the wife doesn't want big speakers in the corner, she's no good anyway! Fix her a drink and whatever. She'll understand. (She's easier to move than the horns!)

Have you been back to visit over here? We've not heard from you in long time.

Bruce

It sounds as though you can actually get more out of these than you have invested. I would call that very WAF. Lots of folks here gained WAF factor by explaining it this way. Once you know what to look for when you are buying, you can buy below market price, enjoy for a while, then sell for more than you paid. It's win win.

Oh I might keep these , I have had my kg5.5 for twenty years .

• Like 1

Have you been back to visit over here? We've not heard from you in long time.

Bruce

It's been years now. About four years ago I visited friends in San Diego. The time before that was when I visited Austin and met DWILawyer. That must have been eight or ten years already! Time flies.