The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
HOLLYyWOOD

Help please

I have a pioneer vsx-524-k. I've been running really old school Yamaha speakers and I'm about to go buy klipsch speakers to match the 10" klipsch sub I already have. Is my pioneer strong enough to power two r-28f, one r-25c, and two r-15m?

The pioneer specs are {80 watts per channel (20hz-20khz,.08%THD@8ohm 2ch driven)

140 watts per channel (1khz,1%THD@6ohm 1ch driven)

it depends. How loud do you wanna be?   This takes into account speaker efficiency, wattage of amps, cubic footage of your room, personal preferences. 

But yeah, those hooked up together will make sound just dandy. 

How loud do you wanna be?

I made an ASSUMPTION :rolleyes:  that his Klipsch would be more efficient than his Yamaha speakers and if he was satisfied with how the amp pushed those speakers, he'd be satisfied now.

I thought the way the Yamaha speakers sounded was great. But I'm looking to upgrade a little bit. Those speakers are probably close to 15 or 20 years old now. I know I can grow into these new klipsch speakers later by upgrading my reciever, but I wanted to make sure there's no way the receiver I have now could hurt them or anything.

It won't hurt a thing unless you turn it up so loud everything starts to distort then turn it up further.

It will be just fine. If you crank it up and feel you need more than you need a new receiver. My guess is you never need to upgrade.