RSW-12 Amp Issue

Fizik

Picked up a broken RSW-12 the other day. I was aware of the condition before hand. I have been debating having the amplifier repaired, or just adding an external one to it.

It's not blowing fuses, but is also not working. Pulled it apart, checked all the connections etc. When turned on it draws power, but the front light doesn't come on.

I've checked the circuit boards, and see no discoloration, nothing leaking or cracked.

Any thoughts what to check for?

Who does Klipsch recommend for amplifier repair?

Thanks!

Saw that, it is another option. Also saw however that some people on here or friends of friends etc, have tried that and cancelled their order after about 4 weeks when they hadn't heard anything or received it back repaired.

Youthman went through a RSW-15 with a tech friend and I believe got his working. As a bonus he got me a service manual for the RSW-15 for when one (or all) of mine break down. I am wondering if a service manual for the RSW-12 is also available? Probably somewhere.

Why spend that kind of money on that old amplifier when you can buy a new one for just a bit more money ?

Its getting old now, if it was mine it would either be completely gone over and recapped or have a new one installed.

Youthman went through a RSW-15 with a tech friend and I believe got his working. As a bonus he got me a service manual for the RSW-15 for when one (or all) of mine break down. I am wondering if a service manual for the RSW-12 is also available? Probably somewhere.

What was the problem that you found in the amp?

JJK

JJK

I'd like to know this as well.

Huh.  My RSW-12 just failed yesterday.  Same symptoms: Good fuse, power indicator lights up, and that's it.  I have an open channel in my Emotiva UPA-700 (not sure I want to go from 625 watts to 80 watts, though!)  But, there are no binding posts on the RSW-12.  How would an external amp be connected?

JJK

I'd like to know this as well.

Sorry guys I did not see this until today. It was "Youthman" that had the problem. I just wanted the manual for the future. I'll try to find his thread.

His issue is quite different than this one, but thanks for tracking that down. May help someone else.

Is the manual helping? At all?

It help on the parts I could get to easily and test, Haven't had a change to fully disassemble it to test some other pieces. Also saw that Edwards Electronics is having a sale today on their repair service so I may just send it in for that.

After all, the sub was free so I don't mind spending a little to get it working again.

Edited by Fizik