I Pledge Allegiance......

TasDom

Our flag has become an iconic graphic.  It's what it stands for, not for worship in and of itself that is important.  Much like the hated (and loved) Union Jack, I have no problem seeing it represented on a speaker, or as a shirt, or better yet a bikini on a buxom young lady.  The corvette driven by Felicity Shagwell is a perfect example. How cool was that?  Excessive reverence for a symbol, as opposed to what the symbol means, leads to some pretty nasty results.

• Like 3

I know that most of the people on this forum understand . . . history, our national character,  our source and our strength.  It is ourselves only to the extent of our obedience and our faith in, and our love of God.

The deliberate pollution of the facts is our "great" undoing.

"Education", or "right emotions", nor ignorance will ever deliver us from ourselves, if we do not understand the Source of our nationhood.  It is not Fate, or some happy coincidence or convergence.  It happened to be Godly people 2.5 centuries ago who were so much smarter than we today, evidently.

We say "God bless", or we ask God to bless our nation, or we ask God to be on our side.  We have it BACKWARD.  We must be a people who bless God, as individuals.  He will bless the people and nation who bless Him.  NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

I hope this is not overstepping the posting rules or boundaries.  but, the Truth is the Truth, and must be said.

Edited by JiminSTL
  • Like 3

I'm sorry.. and its just MHO but Old Glory should not be painted on a speaker.

Small point perhaps, today, with the selective "justice" which is/is not enforced, but, is it not also against the law to represent the American flag on articles of clothing, and other items . . . ?

• Like 1