I Pledge Allegiance......

TasDom

May I say this, and then go to bed?  

It is only SUFFICIENTLY SHARED VALUES among a sufficient number of people that make a nation.  Diminish the values, diminish the number, and diminish the shared community of people, and you reduce/remove the essence of nationhood.

Our founding fathers had it so right:  only an educated and moral people would be able to sustain our representative form of government.  In fact, they were the only "worthy" ones.

It pains me so greatly that even the LAST BASTIONS of our sense of honor and integrity and faith and duty--our military armed forces--have been so politicized that their calling is promotion within politicized ranks and system, that "American" conveys so little of what it used to mean.  

I say that with a father who was a 1938 graduate of the USNA (fought 2 wars), I was a 5-year Naval officer, and my son a 4-year Marine Corps officer.  My advice about country and duty and honor is very different today with the "leaders" and system we now have.

• Like 4

I,m aware of that.

That has no dilution on this situation.

Just cause the neighbor's kids are drug addicts, does that mean you'rs are excused to be also???

I'm really surprised you guys are reacting to my feeling this way. 

Lars

It's not made in the USA.

I don't think most of the fire works used to celebrate the 4th of July are made here either.  What is the point.  American have jobs relate to making the product, distribution of the product.

Define "making."