Help with new HT

doggydoc10

Hey guys. Looking for opinions on what to do with my new HT.

Just purchased a pair of Palladium P37's. Truly my first piece of my new HT.

Now I am looking to add on all components.

First let me say that I am prob going to listen to HT 75% of the time with the other 25 music listening via the Palladiums.

I used to own KHorns when in college and I can't get away from the brand!

My HT is a dedicated room approx 20' by 10' by 20' tall. I just purchased this house 6 months ago and decided to do a brand new HT system.

The room currently has a set of Polk in ceiling speakers --2 front and 2 rear --which I am planning on using for the system.

The room also has a built in Polk center channel that I will also like to use for HT.

Palladiums will be mains and I am planning on adding a set of K sub woofers. Not sure if go with matching Palladium or Reference.

Only other equipment I have is a Savoy 7 channel amp.

I have looked at Marantz AV 8801 and 8802 and I am leaning towards them paired up with the Savoy. The main reason was to try to set up Atmos.

But I started looking at the Emotivas and started to double think my approach. I have also looked at new Aventage series.

As you can see I have TOO MANY OPTIONS.

Please help with my decision!

Any rec will be appreciated.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

The best addition you can make is to add the Palladium center channel. The front three speakers in a home theater set up are the most critical and the Palladium center will timbre match with the left and right speakers. The Polk surround should be ok as they are not as critical with voice matching as the front three are.

Also with the Palladiums being a 3 way speaker, anything less than the Palladium center would be a mistake in my opinion.

• Like 3

The best addition you can make is to add the Palladium center channel. The front three speakers in a home theater set up are the most critical and the Palladium center will timbre match with the left and right speakers. The Polk surround should be ok as they are not as critical with voice matching as the front three are.

Also with the Palladiums being a 3 way speaker, anything less than the Palladium center would be a mistake in my opinion.

Agree 100%, especially with the Palladiums having a matching set for LCR is critical.

Agree with others on matching the front 3. I had a mismatch for a while and thought it sounded good. Then I finally built a match for my fronts, and WOW big change. Wish I would have done it sooner. As for Emotiva yes I love their products. I am fan boy I don't hide it. They have a great pre in the XMC-1 and are working on all the upgrades for Atmos. I love the xpa-5 and xpa-2 and XMC-1 that I have. I do not like the fact that they dropped the xpa and xpr lines, not decided on the new line of amps. Still a bunch of xpa used gear for good prices right now.

Thanks guys. I do appreciate all the help.

I have been out of the HI FI for the past 10 years. Too many changes to keep up.

Gonna get the palladium center and sub and will figure out what next as far as power is concerned.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

• Like 1