Klipsch RB-5's Mahogany--$325.00---SOLD

willland

I have a beautiful pair of Klipsch RB-5's in mahogany.  The cabinets are pretty close to pristine IMO with very few tiny surface "blemishes" that I tried my best to pick up in the photos.  The woofers are in great shape with exception of one "dimple" in one woofer near the top left edge.  Each grill cover has one peg missing at bottom, we all know how unfortunately common this is. :angry:

I AB'd these with my RB-75's for quite some time and they definitely can hold their own, with the 75's still having the edge, IMO.  Price/performance ratio, the RB-5's win at 1/2 price of RB-75's on the used market, IMO.

At this time I am only considering local pickup or reasonable delivery in the Central Florida area.

I may put together a package deal with my Cambridge Audio 640A v2 integrated amp if someone is interested.  

Serial #00230380

Bill

RB5 front and top with grill.jpgRB5 front no grill.jpgRB5 rear.jpgRB5 top.jpg

RB5 bottom.jpgRB5 left side.jpgRB5 right side.jpg

Sweet looking and sound speakers Bill. Wish I was not in the middle of moving ( as yet to be determine the location). If it's from Bills Collection of gear the. You know it's some of the best you can find.

The power of sound

Thanks Carl, you are too kind.

good looking speakers. i like the mahogany finish quite a bit. good luck with the sale bill. 

Thanks Scrappy, I too love the mahogany.  I was getting dizzy a bit "deciding" which to part with, 5's or 75's.  Then I realized that those are my third pair of RB-5's in the last seven years and it took me almost 8 years to get a pair of cherry RB-75's. :o   The decision became easy at that point. ;)  :D  

Bill

I had a set of the cherrywood rb5's and get sick in my stomach every time I think of the day I sold them.

The power of sound

I have never seen cherry RB-5's in person.  Natural cherry is my favorite wood with mahogany and walnut almost tied for second.

Bill

The color of them was unreal. Ever sense I had those I keep looking for other Klipsch in that finish. I'm going to build a new horn sub for my 15" Dayton drive. I made a text box and it sound pretty good. Just needs fine tuning. I will do it in a cherry finish.

The power of sound

I have two sets of rb5's or I think I'd be on these. They look great!  Pound for pound one of my favorite speakers. I hope they are always as well cared for as the have been, best.

Willand......if you decide to ship, I will take em.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your interest.  I will chew on that a bit while I wait to see if any local interest.  

I shipped a pair of RB-5's to forum member Jeff Tubbs in Arkansas about six years ago and our "friends" at Fed Ex managed to destroy both woofers(picture accordion).  Both speakers were packed separately with each encased in about 3 inches of bubble wrap, laying in a bed of around 2 inches of foam, inside of sturdy boxes, and double boxed with more foam between inner and outer boxes.  Good thing is that they took full responsibility for the damage by paying for brand new woofers with shipping, and all shipping/materials refunded.

Bill

I hear ya Willand. Well, let me know. I'm thinking along the lines of bubble wrap, rigid foam and some serious bubble wrap or something along those lines for the outside shell making it soft and cushion-like so it can withstand any type of impact. I will compensate for all packin materials, of course.

I hear ya Willand. Well, let me know. I'm thinking along the lines of bubble wrap, rigid foam and some serious bubble wrap or something along those lines for the outside shell making it soft and cushion-like so it can withstand any type of impact. I will compensate for all packin materials, of course.

UPS and FedEx accepts the challenge....  :P

• Like 1

bet if you removed the woofers and packaged them on their own they would ship fine. guessing the woofers re just like the 61 woofers that ups destroyed a few years back for me. heavy magnet and plastic basket. doesn't matter the amount of padding cause nothing is supporting that magnet inside the speaker. one drop and snap. trash

• Like 1

bet if you removed the woofers and packaged them on their own they would ship fine. guessing the woofers re just like the 61 woofers that ups destroyed a few years back for me. heavy magnet and plastic basket. doesn't matter the amount of padding cause nothing is supporting that magnet inside the speaker. one drop and snap. trash

That's a good idea, Scrappy.