ALK ESN's for sale

tblake10

Hello everyone, these came in the khorns I bought several years ago and they work well. However, I've had 3 pairs of khorns and my favorite pair had the Crites Type A crossovers. Lately I got the itch to get some new Type A's from Bob Crites and swap these out for fun. Guess I'm more of a Klipsch purist because the Type A's are staying and these are for sale.

Maybe someone has read about these and wanted to try them or just wants them for parts or whatever. My preference is that these go to someone local if possible rather than ship. Although these fit well in the khorns, they are larger and heavier compared to the Type A's. 

I have a bunch of fairly detailed pics I can pass on to anyone interested. For those not familiar, there are 2 pieces to each crossover. Looking for guidance and/or offers regarding how much these are worth. I work in Little Rock, AR.

Tim

post-28449-0-05600000-1467663455_thumb.j

post-28449-0-84280000-1467663480_thumb.j

post-28449-0-37160000-1467663755_thumb.j

post-28449-0-26200000-1467663765_thumb.j

post-28449-0-65840000-1467663917_thumb.j

post-28449-0-88720000-1467663930_thumb.j

Want-to-build-my-own.  Must-re-sist.

Dang that's a good price! 

If you mean build your own ESN's, I doubt that's going to happen.  You certainly might be able to figure out the parts & copy it....but Al won't sell you the parts. I recall him saying how something was very critical on them (placement wise) and he'd never allow kits to be sold.

Now, on the other hand, if you mean you might build your own 'normal' version, then disregard everything I said

Now, on the other hand, if you mean you might build your own 'normal' version, then disregard everything I said

Consider everything you said disregarded!  :D

Yeah, I meant I'd like to mod my own AA's.  I might even build a set from scratch per Dean's AA build thread.  I haven't decided yet.

Putting together something as expensive and sophisticated as ALK's crossover with my poor knowledge base combined with a lack of soldering skills would be an exercise in throwing away perfectly good money.

But man, I would love to hear them.  :wub:

Maybe I missed this...but what was the lower frequency crossover number?

Gorm, I don't know. These came in speakers I bought so I wasn't involved with the build of them and don't have any paperwork or anything that indicates that. I do know that I was very happy with them for years. Turned up as loud as I can stand they are clear as a bell. 

Those are ALK ES400 extreme slope networks.  I built them years ago for my Khorns that I got from Coytee.  They sound excellent.

All the Auricaps are matched pairs.  That set of networks would cost over $2K to build today.  I am pretty sure I spent around $1500 my cost just for the parts.

I can remember the curves were one right on top of the other.  Dead nuts.

Al used to release his schematics which also included parts lists, and suppliers.  It was not that hard really.  I just had this thing for Auricaps back then.  Still do today.