ALK ESN's for sale

tblake10

I recall him saying how something was very critical on them (placement wise) and he'd never allow kits to be sold.

Its the spacing and orientation of the inductors, so they stay out of each others magnetic fields, IIRC.

Correct.  If you notice the label on the ES5800s..........ALK built those.  I did the other two modules myself.  When I received the ES5800s, I recapped them with matched sets of Auricaps.  ALK did furnish needed documentation and support of builders of his other networks.........at first.

It was the ES5800s he did not allow others to build.

Edited by mark1101

Tim, good luck with your sale.  For a point of reference, here is a pair that sold recently on the forum shortly after the add was posted. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/162361-alk-extreme-slope-crossover-khorns-1000-sold/?hl=extreme

Based on this I'll go with asking $800 shipped. Zim, thanks for the reference.

I assume this means everything in your pictures above, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Tim is not only a good guy and a man of his word, he REALLY takes care of his equipment. 

I got these networks back after almost 10 years and was absolutely ASTOUNDED at their spectacular condition and cleanliness.  They didn't even have any dust on them.  It was as if I had just built them........really.  That nice.

I am listening to the ES5800s right now in fact in a another set of Auricapped ESNs I had built for dual K33 systems (Dbbs/MWMs) Like a time warp getting these back.

Now I need to find another pair of Khorns........or a single lascala if anyone has one to make full use of all these excellent electronics.