Klipsch Ksb 3.1?

RX8

I've got RP160s and an RP250C. I have a chance to get KSB 3.1 for $80. Would you recommend these for surround duty or is there something better I should consider (something good performance/price wise)? Thanks in advance.

The KSB 3.1s were the first speakers I owned for Home Theater and told the salesperson I was never going to upgrade from them...

Famous last words. <_< Seriously, they were good speakers but keep in mind they were discontinued over 15 years ago so make sure you check them out first. ​

Edited by Zen Traveler

I have no experience with the newer RP line but the 3.1's are great speakers. I've had several sets and a couple of friends of mine have been enjoying them for a few years now. $80 seems like a good price if they're in good condition and work properly, seems like they fetch $150 or so on eBay. I've read a lot of great things about the RP-160's, may have to try a pair out one of these days..

• 5 years later...

I have two sets of KSB-3.1 speakers and they out perform my restored bookcase collection (EPI M50 (3 pairs), Baby Advents (2 pairs), AR-18b (two pairs), AR-18s (2 pairs),  Boston Acoustics A6 (one Pair), AR-28S (a single orphan))

Don't let those metal grills fool you.  These are great speakers!

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by duburonf@gmail.com
  • Like 2