need B&C compression driver bolts

Paducah Home Theater

Maybe I figured for the 8" total he probably needs,  I'd just get  long bolts and cut in half to make dowels, but the cap screws still look better if ending up exposed especially.

Anyway, sorry to offend.

Please go dump on someone somewhere not trying to help.  Later,  Lars

Maybe I'm missing something, but hard to believe it's complicated.  Lars

Sorry, I've been lazy and am just now tearing back in to it.  This is what I'm dealing with below.  The stud on the right is what it is supposed to come with.  It seems to match an M6 bolt pattern according to the holes at Lowes that you can screw bolts into, plus just holding it next to an M6 bolt shows that the diameter and threads are pretty much identical.  

Here's the weird thing though.  I can take that stud and screw the short end into the hole and get 8-9 twists out of it.  If I flip it around, I can pretty much bury the thing and get 15-16 twists.  If I take the M6 bolt and do the same, I get maybe 2 twists, and boom, it feels like it bottoms out or I'm going against the threads.  Really weird, and it happens on every hole.  The studs go right in like they belong.  The bolts, not so much.  

20160707_210202_zpswbzvqs2o.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I'm still up.

Well then, the thread is different

Use the nuts sold with the bolts to test, not the possibly reamed out no longer accurate hanging thing.

Or  slap the bolt against that dowel screw, and see if the threads accurately interlock over your entire interlocking length.

BTW - just to be safe, I sure wouldn't bury to damn hard, who knows exactly what you're bottoming on.    Awake and pesky, Lars

Use the nuts sold with the bolts to test, not the possibly reamed out no longer accurate hanging thing.   Or  slap the bolt against that dowel screw, and see if the threads accurately interlock over your entire interlocking length.   BTW - just to be safe, I sure wouldn't bury to damn hard, who knows exactly what you're bottoming on.

^^^ THIS! 

Possibly the bolt you got is crap made and needs thread chasing.

With a hex head, and cad plating, possibilty of that.

Meaning, I think the grade of bolt you got may not be as precisly made as an unplated cap screw.  

Lars

You're right.  I just opened up a different package and tried other bolts, others go in easier.  I can hand turn it about 5-6 times before it starts getting snug.  At that point I can tighten it with a wrench.  It's snug but they don't cross thread or anything.  Some of the bolts stop in their tracks very quickly while turning by hand like I'm about to cross thread them, feels just like that.  The studs that came with the one I got from Parts Express just twist right in by hand very easily.  So anyway, these will work for the most part, may just have to throw a few bolts away.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters