My wife takes my little girl to Korea for a visit

USNRET

That must be quite the experience for her.  How long will they be away?

Mom took her and our son every year, now every two years. They attend school there over the summer (bummer!). Jeffrey was out this year due to his school band commitments but he still has to complete his yearly summer lessons thru Duke online (3rd year now). She's going to 7th grade and him a HS sophomore next year. Jeffrey sits in on Texas A&M classes in science and robotics thru the school year; wants to be a SIGH, OBGYN.

She is major league adorable.  :)

You and your wife do good work.

Cheerleader chick that wants to be (at this age) a school teacher.

My son is a most mechanically un-inclined person. You either have it or not as I think every mechanic here would attest to. Since I have made my living thru mechanics for the last 49 years of employment that is a little disturbance in my world but whatever works. Erika on the other hand is out with me fetching tools, running (appropriate) power tools and hanging with Dad. Both love fishing and going to the gun range. Should have had them earlier in life; 62 with these guys taxes an old guy after work.

But thanks Dave!

• Like 3

Cheerleader chick that wants to be (at this age) a school teacher.

I used to own a cheerleader.  She is big now with a couple of college degrees.  :)

But oh man, those teenage years... :blink:

Run!!!! 

My son is a most mechanically un-inclined person. You either have it or not as I think every mechanic here would attest to.Since I have made my living thru mechanics for the last 49 years of employment that is a little disturbance in my world but whatever works. Erika on the other hand is out with me fetching tools, running (appropriate) power tools and hanging with Dad. Both love fishing and going to the gun range. Should have had them earlier in life; 62 with these guys taxes an old guy after work.

But thanks Dave!

There are even professional mechanics who don't have it.  Some of them are just parts changers, because the operating concepts are not as clear to them as they should be, so diagnosing problems is difficult for them.  I was a mechanic/millwright for many years, working on motorcycles, snowmobiles, locomotives, and finally large steam turbines.  A few of my workmates often struggled with things that should have been obvious, but maybe they didn't consider other work because they thought they'd be no better at any other job.

As for having younger kids when you're older, hang in there and count your blessings.

and then dresses her like this. Should work well in the Texas heat. Middle one between cousin and aunt.

Returned to S. Korea last month, took this snap shot at some stores in Suncheon. After Suncheon went to Soul and saw enough City to make me want to cry.

post-10277-0-46120000-1467938844_thumb.j

post-10277-0-63600000-1467938998_thumb.j

Edited by Gilbert