WOW! - NIB Quartet's (raw) $650

Matthews

Look like raw oak to me.

The Quartets are a great speaker, dig deeper than Heresy with about the same footprint. 

With the right song, the bass will surprise you.

They don't have quite the punch of the Forte with only a 10" active woofer and 12" passive.

I picked up a pair of oak Quartets with matching oak KW-10 II sub, great little 2.1 system.

• Like 1

NICE....

Never had Quartet's..... Would love to check some out one day.....

MKP :-)

That's one that I haven't had either......but the day will come  :)

Ahhhhh the sickness...... I'm so glad I'm not alone  ;)

MKP :-)

That's right, and if you're needing help to get over this "sickness" you won't be getting help from me. If anything, I'll give you a free bump to keep you addicted....too  B)

• Like 2

Look like raw oak to me.

The Quartets are a great speaker, dig deeper than Heresy with about the same footprint. 

With the right song, the bass will surprise you.

They don't have quite the punch of the Forte with only a 10" active woofer and 12" passive.

I picked up a pair of oak Quartets with matching oak KW-10 II sub, great little 2.1 system.

How bout the height.  (some pronounce it heighth :lol: )?  I have Heresy in my 13'x13' office at work and I get a lot of traffic. They're a little bit large and I can crank it up to ~ .0000001 of a watt.  These might be all that I need....

• Like 1

How bout the height. (some pronounce it heighth :lol: )? I have Heresy in my 13'x13' office at work and I get a lot of traffic. They're a little bit large and I can crank it up to ~ .0000001 of a watt. These might be all that I need....

The Quartets are 31.2" tall, 15.9" wide and 12.25" deep.  I would raise them up a little 4-8 inches off the floor.

The Quartets are 0.4" wider and ~1" shallower than the Heresy, but you will need some room behind them with the passive radiator.

The Quartets are spec'd from 38Hz-20kHz, same as the Cornwall, but with no where near the punch. 

However, much better bass extension than the Hersey.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

Some Klipsch employee dug these up at HQ or what? Excellent condition 30 year old speakers. Heck ya if I were local I'd go get 'em just for fun.

I'd like to put a nice oil finish on them. It's relaxing.

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1