ScrappyDue's Custom Build Thread

Scrappydue

thanks everyone! it was a fun journey! 

35 minutes ago, Vital said:

So how do they sound? Are they everything you thought they'd be? They look amazing. 

they sound fantastic. i dont like judging things without actually a/b'ing things properly. But to my ears these sound better than any other speaker i have had in this living room. i know for sure that when i a/b'ed the palladium center channel to the legacy silver screen HD my buddy has i thought they were neck and neck with just tad fuller sound with the legacy. well when i a/b'ed the 893 to the legacy there was a clear winner. the diysg is better. 

what i was hoping for was palladium sound with better than duratex looks. think i nailed it. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Very nice work my friend.

thank you 

11 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

I love the deep color of the wood grain!

the oak turned out real nice with the dark walnut stain.

debating what the next finish is gonna be. planning on a set of bookshelves and trying to veneer the baffle with magnetic grills. 

1 minute ago, derrickdj1 said:

It's amazing look at where we started in 2011.  That was not that long ago.  It's great seeing the progression of the guys that joined the Klipsch forum around the same time as I did. 

i think my very first post was about running 3 rsw-10d's. i thought i was bad to the bone. within about 4 months i had sold my 82 towers 52 center 42 surrounds and three rsw-10d and bought 63/64/62/61 7.1 setup and the single svs ultra. then two months after had xpa-5/2 and extra svs ultra. LOL that was a spendy few months. wife was officially pissed and didn't see why. she's so used to it all now. LOL 

• Like 1

i think my very first post was about running 3 rsw-10d's. i thought i was bad to the bone. within about 4 months i had sold my 82 towers 52 center 42 surrounds and three rsw-10d and bought 63/64/62/61 7.1 setup and the single svs ultra. then two months after had xpa-5/2 and extra svs ultra. LOL that was a spendy few months. wife was officially pissed and didn't see why. she's so used to it all now. LOL 

It's an addiction that takes hold fast. I've had ~6 pairs of speakers in my family room in the past year. I hear that's ok though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I've had ~6 pairs of speakers in my family room in the past year. I hear that's ok though.

i dont go through them that fast...i dont think..... although i have only lived here since end of 2012 so coming up on 4 years and i have probably had 15 different sets in here so far. I'm sure i could look through pics and find out exactly how many.