ScrappyDue's Custom Build Thread

Scrappydue

What did you use to trim?
good ol razor blade. 

Looks fantastic Scrappy! I would be interested in hearing your impressions vs. the Palladium center.

Me too

Nice work

i will let you guys know when i get the chance to demo against my buddies center which i felt was neck and neck with the palladium. 

well just ordered the veneer for the rest of the build. still gluing up the towers. one is about 80% done. needs the front baffle routed out with the baffle supplied. then it will be glued on. these towers are gonna be big. I'm excited.

27719322524_762931e872_c.jpg

these will be 48.75" tall including the plinth, 16" deep not including the plinth (18" with plinth) and 10.25" wide without plinth (12.25" with) 

27719318624_ec153c4c4e_c.jpg

• Like 2

Wow!!!!    Well show us more. You got make sure you keep taking pics of your progress.

G.E.M.

I've got lots of other pics of the build i will add in a few days. I'm about to get some sleep gotta work all day tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Is that the stock size for the 893s or are you making towers out of them?

Either way - looking forward to your listening impressions! The center turned out great.

center is the "stock size" however these woofer are very versatile. I chose a fairly low tune. They can be tuned to 30 but cabinet would have had to be bigger which I didn't want.
  • Like 1

I have done some veneer work on my antique jukebox restorations. I have used the substrate-backed veneer but have also used raw burl veneer for trim. Very delicate to work with and used the 3M contact cement rolled on. I look forward to doing a custom subwoofer someday.

• Like 1