Klipsch heresy's with marantz pm6005. A good pairing?

delfor

Hi all

I have just purchased some heresies from eBay, theywere produced in 1984. I have marantz pm6005 amp, is this a good pairing? Or should I go down the road of tube amps?

Music i listen to is soul/disco/jazz/electronic

Thanks in advance.

You will ultimately be the judge, but the Marantz gear that I have either owned, or listened to, is a nice match with Klipsch, and I've run Marantz with the industrial version of what you just purchased and it was very pleasing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps!!

Again I appreciate your knowledge. I've been collecting records for the last 24 years and I've never had a decent system. Heard so many great things about the heresies, I've not yet collected. So hoping for great things.

My set up is unconventional, as I have a valve Dj mixer (recent purchase), connected to the marantz which will eventually have some Klipsch speakers. The focus has always been on the music, so the equipment has always been a crazy ramshackle of kit until the last year. I am complete newbie, as I've never experienced decent sound and wonder if my ears are up to the challenge.

Edited by delfor

Marantz have been known to have a warm tube-like sound by many here. As you

may know, they have made tube equipment. Enjoy your setup.

Thinking you will be back to tell us your distinct impressions. Welcome!

Edited by billybob

No, but the linguistic evidence was strong, after listening to BBC for many years.  I'm in Birmingham, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit, so named by Anglophiles as an homage to Birmingham, England.

What enquiring minds want to know, BREXIT, for or against? :-)

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Marantz makes some nice, reasonably priced integrateds and the pm6005 should be good with Heresys. I would stay away from the cd6005, however. I ran into 3 'lemons' in a row with that unit before I gave up and bought another brand. Serious QC issues.

So I was a remain. Probably the biggest sham I have ever seen in politics in the way the campaign was fought. Lots of lies being told by the 'out' campaign and what should of been about the UKs position within the EU became about immigration or a protest vote against the current government.

So ultimately a complete mess!!

• Like 1

So I was a remain. Probably the biggest sham I have ever seen in politics in the way the campaign was fought. Lots of lies being told by the 'out' campaign and what should of been about the UKs position within the EU became about immigration or a protest vote against the current government.

• Like 1

• Like 1

If they let you vote three times, like this forum, you'd have won. The aftermath promises to be interesting.

Back to the topic. The Marantz and Heresy combo should be splendid. Please share your impressions with photos.

Edited by DizRotus

• 1 month later...

I am new to this forum and this is my 1st post. I believe the Marantz 6005 to be a good fit for the Hereseys as SS amps go. The 6005 is a smooth amp in it's price range. That said they do mate very well with tube amplification.  I have a friend who owns a pair from about the same year. Going to try my Dynaco ST-70 with them soon.