Heresy I's Chicago burbs $ 300

deep3shot

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/5672470493.html

image 3 of 3
00A0A_ilWrH15hNgU_600x450.jpg
00x0x_EtRVXNxBoU_600x450.jpg
01414_8DfMIR21YdC_600x450.jpg
00A0A_ilWrH15hNgU_50x50c.jpg00x0x_EtRVXNxBoU_50x50c.jpg01414_8DfMIR21YdC_50x50c.jpg

•  

The Heritage Series Heresy three-way loudspeaker delivers an exceptionally "big" sound filled with the moving emotional elements that make your music such an important part of your life. The efficient high frequency and midrange horn drivers as well as the reliable 12-inch bass woofer work together to create a very smooth low distortion dynamic sound. 
http://www.klipsch.com/products/heresy-ii-floorstanding-speaker

I purchased these speakers new in 1983, They are sequential Serial Numbers. These are unfinished birch and they come with the original materials from Klipsch and the angled base risers. The risers are not attached so it is easy to finish the speakers any way you would like. 

I'm picking those up tomorrow

There are 2 pairs on CL I'm going to look at now. They are listed at $800 for both pairs. I cant really tell from the pics, but they look like walnut. If anyone wants them, send me a PM. I will see if they guy can wait until tomorrow for a decision.
UPDATE

The 2 pair of Heresy I looked at this afternoon. They are in fact walnut, with "some small imperfections" I recognized the guy, he is a nice man. One of the pairs had the obligatory 6 inch water ring on the top, the other pair are as shown. Both are in desperate need of oil and some steel wool. IDK if that will clean up the staining, which isn't terrible but......

He did tell me they were used as coffee end tables for a few years. If anyone wants them, I will pick them up and ship them on your dime.

Let me know

Mark

post-48599-0-90880000-1468010412_thumb.j

post-48599-0-94880000-1468010426_thumb.j

post-48599-0-72520000-1468010439_thumb.j

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 1

They're not for me. I picked up some H2 a month ago

and am 'trying' to not buy anything right now....unless I can score some Cornwall.

Boy, it just goes to show you when it comes to the addictive part of this hobby, you CAN control it, as long as you have willpower!   :emotion-21:

...unless you can score some Cornwalls.  :lol:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

and am 'trying' to not buy anything right now....unless I can score some Cornwall.

Boy, it just goes to show you when it comes to the addictive part of this hobby, you CAN control it, as long as you have willpower!   :emotion-21:

I'm just happy to be thinning out the collection. Since I said I was in downsize mode, I have picked up a pair of Forte 2s, these Heresy tomorrow and another pair of Heresy

Mark

• Like 1

I'm trying  :D

I had to pass on some KG 5.5 for 200 the other day. I never have had the 5.5 before and wanted to check them out. 

I have sellers remorse from selling the CF3 and CF4, but I wasn't using them. 

• Like 1

A good hand buffing will make those open mitres look as new.

Pause........................................................... NOTT.

You should point out to the coffee table guy his roof leaks.

Badly.

Dang.    Lars

Edited by Karsoncookie

Me either ... and I was supposed to go get them tomorrow at 2:00. Instead got an email that they were sold.

At least you didn't go there for nothing, no big deal, just as I told him, someone will offer him more and he will back out. He said his word was good. 1st time I ever heard that. His brother decided he wanted them, he could have come up with a better lie than that

Mark

• Like 2

I drove to buy 

Me either ... and I was supposed to go get them tomorrow at 2:00. Instead got an email that they were sold.

At least you didn't go there for nothing, no big deal, just as I told him, someone will offer him more and he will back out. He said his word was good. 1st time I ever heard that. His brother decided he wanted them, he could have come up with a better lie than that

Mark

I drove to buy some rescue speakers today. The first thing the guy was hyping them up like they were gold. Then one of his friends shows up and say that he needs some speakers and if he only knew.....  I offered back out an let him have the 'deal' if he wanted them.. 

• Like 2

These sure will look nice with my Khorns!! :ph34r:   Of course, I hate driving in the city, but, it was worth it..... :emotion-19:  Thanks Brother!

You need to get out more, you could have gone around the city. I hope you enjoy them, they were nice. Glad they went to a deserving forum member :D :D :D

Mark