New Klipsch Turntable

billybob

If anybody in Marketing is really thinking they will sell that PWK TT mat individually...

Dave

Very good chance we sell these separately down the line. As I have said in other threads, you can expect that we will be selling a lot more accessories on our website in the future, so customers don't have to dig through customer support for things like grilles and such.

This was being reported as a U-turn. What happened to these?  They look identical.  Were there two different brands, U-turn for the black and Pro-ject for the wood?  

Did the partnership with the other company not work out? Talking about the ones they were displaying back in January or so.

While we have a friendly relationship with the folks at U-Turn, we never officially discussed a collaboration with them. The company you are thinking of is VPI whose turntables we featured in our booth at CES - albeit with no Klipsch branding. There is a good chance that you see a higher-end turntable in the future from Klipsch and a company like VPI would make a lot of sense to partner with for that.

Mat from VPI was actually touting you guys at one of the last shows. Very nice people to deal with. That would be a nice partnership if it comes to fruition.

• Like 1

If you want a better sounding table than the Audio Technica that can support higher-end cartridges and be upgraded longer, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is the pick.

(Excerpt from The Wirecutter review)

Edited by billybob

It is beautiful, goes well with Heritage in the house, has my favorite cartridge installed, and should sound great. And I think Paul and Valerie would love it if they were still with us.

Think so too! Also thinking this is a decent table, especially for a first, or even an upgrade from some TT's out there.

Mat from VPI was actually touting you guys at one of the last shows. Very nice people to deal with. That would be a nice partnership if it comes to fruition.

He's a really solid dude. Hopefully we'll do something. Unfortunately, I have no insider info to provide on whether something's in the works.

The Klipsch website says that the turntable is currently sold out -  will the turntable be available soon, and if yes, when and how much for the unit with the Red cartridge?

Temporarily unavailable. It's $449.00.

• Moderators

I was too late, missed my shot. From what I hear Alex can't even get one to send out for more photographs for marketing, etc.

The good news is I heard that you will be able to get the turntable mats very, very soon.

The anticipated cost is $450 per mat and it comes with a free turntable.

Travis

• Like 1

So I take it that it is strictly a manual turntable.....lift up the tone arm, platter moves, and it won't return at the end of the record?

You have to think "1950's" on turntable operation. But you can't use a safety pin for a needle.

JJK

I just got info on the turntable pack that includes the R15-PM's, that seems like it would be pretty popular. Looks pretty neat, apparently it all comes in one box. No ETA on the shipping date yet.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters