New Klipsch Turntable

billybob

If anybody in Marketing is really thinking they will sell that PWK TT mat individually...

Dave

I'm no marketing guru, but I'd wager they'll sell more complete units if the mat is NOT sold separately. Multiplying mat sales by 100 might not offset the loss of a single TT sale. Ask Bob Crites why you can't buy a horn only for the CT120 or CT125.

Assuming you have a phono preamp, whether built in or separate, it is plug and play.

That said, I would check the tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge alignment, but you could probably plug it in and enjoy it for years without checking those. If it appears to have been damaged in shipping, all bets are off.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

If anybody in Marketing is really thinking they will sell that PWK TT mat individually...

Dave

Very good chance we sell these separately down the line. As I have said in other threads, you can expect that we will be selling a lot more accessories on our website in the future, so customers don't have to dig through customer support for things like grilles and such.

This was being reported as a U-turn. What happened to these?  They look identical.  Were there two different brands, U-turn for the black and Pro-ject for the wood?  

Did the partnership with the other company not work out? Talking about the ones they were displaying back in January or so.

While we have a friendly relationship with the folks at U-Turn, we never officially discussed a collaboration with them. The company you are thinking of is VPI whose turntables we featured in our booth at CES - albeit with no Klipsch branding. There is a good chance that you see a higher-end turntable in the future from Klipsch and a company like VPI would make a lot of sense to partner with for that.

• Like 5

That is so awesome. I am going to get one.

Does anyone know how far you can upgrade cartridge wise on that tonearm?

You may want to listen to it first with the Ortofon Red, which is a very decent cartridge for the price.  I would imagine that you could upgrade to the Blue, but above that I don't know if it would be worth it on that table.....YMMV

Assuming you have a phono preamp, whether built in or separate, it is plug and play.

That said, I would check the tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge alignment, but you could probably plug it in and enjoy it for years without checking those. If it appears to have been damaged in shipping, all bets are off.

Sounds complicated.Thanks.

That's a beauty and seems to be a fair price.

I would agree, particularly given the Ortofon Red installed.  Not the greatest cartridge in the world, but very decent.

The Pro-Ject version on the site has the Red on it, the one with the Walnut in the picture above your comment is the OM series from Ortofon, not the red. It is I think the OM5 or OM10 (which is basically the same cartridge,although the OM series was made for lighter arms).

Edited by Jim