Lets HEAR your HT set ups!

InVeNtOr

i'm not sure if there is a thread for this, but i thought it would be a good idea.

i made a short demo using my THX demo disc (Pod Race) to compare a LPA-1 and XPA-3 amp.  i was sadden when both amps sounded almost the same....

so here is my current 3.1 set up, RF-7 and RC-7 with a tiny 42" TV.  future plan is to buy the 65"-70" tv, mount it to the wall and run all the cabling up the wall. 

using a PS3 (i know, seems so old now) for source.

Sunfire True Signature 12" Sub (Signature addition).

Emotiva UMC-1 paired with XPA-3.

all protected by a Furman 20PFi.

last but not least, all new custom power cables and source cables. as you can see in the pic, the speaker cables are your run of the mil 12awg twisted mil spec wire.  i know, such a crime to have such "garbage" wire, but i have been too lazy to build my new speaker cables.  i had a hunch the "garbage" wire would work just fine. :wink:

the video is unedited, because, well, i don't know how to...lol.  other wise i would have cut out the part where the UMC-1 does the famous audio drop! i have the SPL meter in frame for reference.

U-Tube Link

• Like 2

Unfortunately, listening to a sound system in a video on a computer, is like judging the picture quality of a TV based on an advertisement on your TV. It can never appear better than the monitor on which the ad is being viewed.

That said, it's always fun to see others' systems.

• Like 1

I hear ya. I attended an Avs get together that compared amps. I'm sure you can tell by my response how it turned out. But I won't go into details on here. Rooms looks good. That scene is fun to demo. It's on one of my demo discs. My videos aren't as fun to watch since all my speakers are hidden.

nice. yeah, i forgot how i got the THX demo disc, but i won't let it out of my site! the Jungle scene is how i set my surrounds. you can really dial in the placement with that track.

i know it's silly to record your system and then play it though computer speakers, i thought it would be fun. i have no personality so maybe a few members here will make funnier or cooler videos and we can have a nice thread.

Cell Phone Microphones suck... compressed dynamic range, non existent low frequency and a flattening of the image.

But here it is anyway

how loud would you say you had this? it sounds fantastic playing on my cornwalls in the computer room

here is a clip of mine that is on youtube. i will try and make one in the next few days of some music and the screen off the wall and some woofers moving. 

on another note i popped my subwoofer cherry the other day demoing for a friend. was playing a dubstep track and had it fairly loud and ran the subs insanely hot and blew out my first breaker. lol it was hilarious. i dont think i will do it anymore though it was quite obnoxious  :wacko2:

Edited by Scrappydue

Cell Phone Microphones suck... compressed dynamic range, non existent low frequency and a flattening of the image.

But here it is anyway

how loud would you say you had this? it sounds fantastic playing on my cornwalls in the computer room

I would say this is only playing around the 88-90dB range... at the peaks.

the low frequency stuff that the cell phone wont capture is really quite good when heard in person.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Here is one I took quickly with my phone.  I'll have to get a better one with our camera to see if the sound improves.  It sounds decent through my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's.

Dragon attack- great choice. nice setup

Frzn -- It looks like you have some large items inside the horn in your center La Scala.  Have you tried comparing the sound differences between an empty horn and with those items inside it? I'd be concerned that those items are affecting the sound -- by being inside the horn, they are changing the horn by reducing the cross-sectional area at the horn's exit.

• Like 1